USEFUL SOFTWARE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As this is a web site, graphics do not need to be high resolution for them to be acceptable for viewing. Posting a large image on the site is wasteful, and can take a LOOOOOoooong time for modem users to download! :?

I thought it might be useful for members if I posted links to a couple of really good picture resizing software packages.

The first one is called Picsizer, is freeware, and can be found at http://www.axiomx.com/picsizer.htm - approx 3.2MB

The second one I use is also freeware. If you have Microsoft .Net framework installed, its about 2MB. The full version includes the .Net framework and is about 23MB! http://www.acumensystems.com/mir/download.html

Of course you should read the terms and conditions on the site before downloading! (Yeah, right!) :)

Of course, you can always use good old Windows Paint, if you have nothing else - save your photo as a JPG type file and it will usually reduce the size a bit. Windows XP allows you to email a photo and reduce the size whilst doing so. Email it to yourself! :) Just right-click the photo, select Send To, then Email Recipient. It asks you whether you want to make the picture smaller. Select that, and type in your own email address. Save the photo back to your computer and Bob's your uncle!

This thread might be a useful place for members to share software links to software they have found useful. Of course, APS is not responsible for the safety, reliability or otherwise of software suggested by members! (That's the official "Cover Our Backside" statement).

If you experience problems with the software, you should direct your queries to the owners of the software concerned, not APS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back