Useful tip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've found that a lot of users haven't noticed the "View new posts" link.

This is found at the top of the screen (right hand side) of the main Aussie Pythons and Snakes Forum Index http://www.aussiepythons.com/PNphpBB2.html.

When you first log on to the site, clicking this link will display ALL posts for ALL forums that are new since the last time you logged on!

I find this very useful, as I don't have to browse each individual forum to read new posts, although this is probably not SO important now that the site is so fast! :)

If running Firefox, you can open each link in a new tab. In I.E. you can right-click, Open in a new Window.

Hope this proves useful to you.

This site have meny excelent shortcuts and features. It is great idea to mention some to members time to time. Some people can be surprice what they can do better and easier by trying things.

Yeah, spot on, Slatey!

I've only just figured out how to get the RSS feed working in Firefox. For those who know, it's the button at the bottom of the page that says "RSS New Posts". You have to have an RSS reader to use it, but it's well worth downloading and running. I had problems getting it working in a standalone RSS reader (but then again, I'm a bit thick!), but it works a treat in Firefox once you've downloaded the add-in. Very cool indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back