User Reputation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fortune cookie like saying that comes up when you give someone a point!

er, people may have noticed I have been posting a lot lately, I wish to have 2000 posts by the time I turn 30... then I will be old AND wise....

Well I just had to trial it on someone and Jack you were my target. You get my tick of approval for asking such sensible questions!!!

Hmm this will indeed be interesting. I can see people thinking it funny to disapprove of everyone's posts.. and rewarding people for attaining post milestones seems a scary idea!

why thankyou bob, i presume you received this message:
"Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn."
and yes you have!

maybe APS should look at the servers and improving the time between say 7pm and 11 pm and stop people getting kicked because server is to bzy... rather then whos the best and whos not.
Just my op
I am aware of the issue and am exploring some options. In all cases however the options are non-trivial so I can't offer any overnight solution.

Can anyone answer this?
Go to your "User CP" by clicking "Settings" up the top. Your last few reputation ratings are displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a great idea as long as its used in the right manner ....

well best check your information, after being sold an adult jungle off a photoshopped picture for a high price and reciveing an animal in super poor condition covered in very fresh burns i provided extensive details of the transaction and added negetive feedback a grand total of a dozen times only to have it removed everytime by moderators, so i do belive it is not permitted to post negetive feedback even when you pay top dollar to a seller on this site and recive an average jungle that runs you up a hefty vet fee to boot, ill also note the seller was contacted a miriad of times but alas no replys ever recived after we recived the animal
Our policy was changed about a month or two ago - perhaps this was before the policy change. In any case, the public forum is not a place for this discussion. If you want to discuss it with the moderators please send a ticket to "Feedback/Complaints" in the Support Centre.

Is it on the "tapatalk" app??
I don't think so. Perhaps this is something Tapatalk will add to the API down the track, but that is up to them.

Frankly i can see this being abused. Fair enough that people can 'like' others' comments but i don't think it being displayed as a culmulative total will be reflective of a user's true wealth of contributions to the site. I'm unsure of how to suggest any improvements but i think it would be prudent to keep a close eye on how this develops to ensure it doesn't fall in a heap and come to grief.

So a popularity competition for epeen as well as being encouraged to spam nonsense in threads?

This just makes things official, I guess. :lol:

Since we are required to give a reason for negative feed back, I believe that the comment given should be displayed to the person given the negative feedback on their page - visible only to them, not to visitors. Otherwise, how will we learn :roll: This will hopefully stem nastiness for the sake of it. (ok, I'm an optimist and like to think the best of people...)

Since we are required to give a reason for negative feed back, I believe that the comment given should be displayed to the person given the negative feedback on their page - visible only to them, not to visitors. Otherwise, how will we learn :roll: This will hopefully stem nastiness for the sake of it. (ok, I'm an optimist and like to think the best of people...)
This is already the case. It is shown up in the "User CP" section.

So the grey square means negative feedback? I got negative feedback from someone agreeing with me? Odd...

So the grey square means negative feedback? I got negative feedback from someone agreeing with me? Odd...
Actually, it indicates the current reputation level of the user. At the moment it is:

- Red: Negative Reputation
- Grey: Zero Reputation
- Green: Positive Reputation

That said, this is all fluid and I will tweak it as time goes on until we get something that works well. I will make an announcement once the final formula is decided.

how many ppl are PM'ing each other right now saying 'you give me good rep,ill give you good rep to'..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back