UV Lighting for new setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres some from this morning,i couldnt get him outside in the proper light as its raining here outside but heres some in hes tank. notice the reds compared to the other 3 pics?even though pics dont do justice at the end of hes tail hes even red! which used to be basically dark black

and not to mention, he still hasnt even shed since i put the uv light in, i am waiting though. cant wait to see hes colors then

Beautiful Shnakey, All UV lights need to be changed every 12months as the UV outputs deteriorate over time with no visiable effect to light output.
Also if you wish to use live plants in a terrarium then add a freshwater lamp from your local aquarium store they promote healthy growth

thankyou philip, i usually change my uv lights every 6 months, although havnt had to for neville yet. i was thinking of getting some live plants but was to worried about diseases and infections, along with parasites lol. Hey, another thing i noticed since putting the uv light in is hes who unberbelly(underneath) has gone like a yellowy cream colour, its gorgeous

I think Slothhead comments were spot on, I always get criticised for using UV with my snakes.

Is there any REAL diff in brands? for example zoo-med v Exo-terra v aussiesun v outback max etc???

Also, can a reptile get sun burnt? either in the sun or under artificial UV?

Regards...
Ash...

There is probably not a huge difference in brand names however like most products you do get what you pay for, For aquarium lighting for many years i have use Acardia brand tubes and found them to be of high quality and reliable, that is why have recommended them.
You should not be critisied for providing a snake what it needs, shame on you critics, shame on you! though pythons and most snakes only need a small amount of UVB and UVA light they still need it.
CheersPhil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back