UV Tubes and Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdhamhRuadh

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
A few questions- is it necessary to have a cage around a UV Fluro Tube for a Carpet Python? And also, could someone just make an estimation of around how much would it cost to build a wooden cabinet 1200L, 600D, and 1200H (just 5 sides-no front, not including glass)? How much did yours cost to build?
Any help would be great.

Thanks,
KrimenuL

UV isn't necessary for a carpet, but I would recommend having either a diffuser or a cage around the fluro.

There's lots of different types of wood...

I would agree with Sx here, definately cage a fluoro if you are going to use one. That way you won't have to clean up all the broken pieces when your snake decides to turn the light off :) I am speaking from experience here :) If you are going to build your enclosure with Melamine then you would get all pieces for that size of enclosure out of one and one half full size sheets, (2400x1200), at a cost of around $75.00. You could make it even cheaper by using a thinner melamine board for the back panel. JMO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back