Ventilation- Gradient problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viciousred

Reaction score
Hey guys,
we just finished building our bearded dragon enclosure but I'm having trouble geting a gradient. On a day like today its not to bad, under the light its 46 and the cool end is 26, but over the last few days both ends had been staying above 30. I'm using the lowest watt globe I have 40w spot light, i have 2 vents on the back wall, high on the hot side low on the cold. I'm thinking i need more ventilation? but not sure where i should put it :)
It is 120 long 60 high and 60 deep
110320123399.jpg110320123400.jpg110320123402.jpg110320123404.jpg

Maybe try a diffrent type of bulb, spot lights always give off more heat, before long it'll be winter and you'll be struggling to keep temps in with more vents.

would you say the high vent at the cool end python legs?? im having the same issue atm with my new bank. only difference is i have the vents on the end walls.

ah the other bulbs don't give off nearly enough heat, and i'm not going to waste money on reptile globes that blow every 4 weeks.

The plan i have for the extra vent is to male it closeble as in on hot days it can be open and cold days closed, pretty much just keep the piece of wood we cut out and have it on a hinge.

ignore the numbers for a sec and observe what your lizard is doing. what end is he spending more time at. Beardies like it pretty hot.

warm end in the morning then cold end for the rest of the day, back over in the very late afternoon, in her old tank she spent most of her time right under the light with her mouth open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back