vet help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was walking out to my car the other day when I noticed a blue tongue crawling around in the gutter. I picked him up as noticed his tail was missing. Upon further inspection I realised the inside of his tail was full of maggots, a good sign as these will eat rotting flesh, also his upper right jaw was ripped off to his nose and he had a foot missing. I brought him inside and put him in a 4ft tank with a heat source, water dish etc. He seems healthy enough and has eaten since I've had him, however I am concerned that he may get a bad infection with the amount of injuries he has.
Which brings me to my question does anybody know or recommend a vet that will look at herps as the ones I have called don't seem interested and can't recommend anyone else. I live in Kellyville in Sydney and if anyone could help It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi hugsta
If you ring canley heights vet tel: 96049792 they have reptile vet Teri Belamy. They mabe advice you on the phone what to do. They will take care of bluy for free becaose they work close with wires.

I have a listing of reptile vets in Australia.You can find the pages within my website that is in my signature at the bottom of this thread if that will help.I agree with Slatey here that Teri Bellamy is one of the best vets around & I recomend her...

Actually it isn't if the animal is in need of caring due to injury.
Anyone is allowed to take an injured animal into there home and contain it untill a wires member or similar can pick it up.However with that said you MUST ring an acreddited carer such as calm,wires,wares etc asap and advise them on the situation & explain you are seeking veterinary help...

yeah its illegal to drive past an injured animal of any description, so good on ya, but yeah you have to inform the appropriate wildlife carer/rescuer in your district

Thanks for your help. I will contact WIRES and see what they have to say. He seems to feeding all O.K but his eye above the damaged jaw isn't looking very good.

I rescued an injured blue tongue today.
It had been bitten by a jack russell terrier.
It isn't that bad really and I predict she will be ready for release in a week.

I finally got in contact with a rep from WIRES. She recommended Robert Johnson who now runs a vet surgery at south Penrith. He has moved from Springwood where Artie recommended to South Penrith. I found his new details on Johns website.
Regards John & co.
Happy herping from J.A.R
www.geocities.com/johnsaussiereptiles
Thanks for the info, I will contact Robert tomorrow and have the blue tongue checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back