vet melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waikare

Reaction score
hi i was wondering if anyone knows of a good vet around the broadmeadows area, pretty sure my nearly yearling olive python has R . I. funny thing was im sure she was going to shed eyes were milky went to check on here and her mouth looks little swollen, and she is making clicking sound when breathing, was just wondering can it be passed on to my other snakes.

Dr Karen Davies at Direct Vet Services is happy to treat reptiles. She is in Point Cook 93691822. 20 mins down the ring rd.

We were at Direct Vet Services on Saturday getting my partners new Bredli sexed. Karen wasn't there but we saw Amanda. She knew her stuff, but gee, was she ROUGH, grabbed him, flipped him upside down and pretty much dropped him and shoved him into a weigh basket. I've never seen a python handled the way she did my partners and even had the nerve to call him cranky. Then, he bit her. I made the gentle point that he'd never bitten anyone to date as we always handle him slowly and respectfully, but I think that comment fell on deaf ears as I was to subtle with it.

Apart from her handling techniques, she was very good. Knew her stuff and they seemed to have a confidence that I hadn't come across elsewhere.

Just make the point of them please handling your reptile gently and you'll be fine :) or make sure to hold it yourself.

I have also heard that the veterinary Uni is a great place to start. Only reason we didn't go there was because it was a Saturday.

Cheers.

I believe the vet that handles reptiles at the uni is only there one day a week. I've only ever dealt with Karen and she has been fantastic every time.

We use Shane Simpson at Karingal vet hospital, he is excellent, not only as a vet knowing his stuff, but gentle and patient with the owners, he explains things well and is always extending his knowledge by attending conferences around the world.....check him out on Facebook "the reptile doctor"......he is worth the travel to Karingal!

We use Shane Simpson at Karingal vet hospital, he is excellent, not only as a vet knowing his stuff, but gentle and patient with the owners, he explains things well and is always extending his knowledge by attending conferences around the world.....check him out on Facebook "the reptile doctor"......he is worth the travel to Karingal!
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back