Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi. My Godson in Victoria wants to start keeping lizards, and needs to know licence stuff.

Can anyone advise web link to licencing department?

He's dead keen to get a green water dragon. I know nothing about them - anyone know if they are a beginners lizard?

Thanks

GREEN water dragon? haven't even heard of 'em mate. Easterns, Gippslands yes but Greens? I haven't got a clue sorry :( Would be interested in what you find about them though :)

No, there is one variety that is Australian according to the web page. "The P.lesueurii comes from Australia."

Hey Lutzdy,
tell him to go here
http://www.nre.vic.gov.au/web/root/domino/cm_da/NRECPA.nsf/579d0c6dfb8bc0164a2569a6002b0e79/05bdd86a5166a6514a256896001cf6ae/$FILE/PrivateLicenceGuidelines.pdf
wow thats long and you have to have Acrobat Reader.
Or, ring 9412 4992 (9 - 12)
They'll help him out
Sim

the one on that page is a chinese water dragon, Physignathus cocincinus , apparently they are preety common overseas but they are more skittish than the australian variety. They aren't legal

Hey,
Well as for the Eastern Water Dragons, i know of a few people myself, However I am not a lizard keeper (I like snakes, geckos and pygmy monitors). But apparently they aren't much harder ot look after than beardies, but they do need a nice big pond/water bowl to jump and play in the water. I know that Ben Wright (darwin) has some and he keeps them in a big outdoor enclosure with a big pond.
Cheers

Gippslands are commonly green.Perhaps your godson means those.
As already suggested they enjoy water and have a preferance for diving into it off an over hanging branch.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies - more than I expected. He joined the site last night, so will no doubt find this post.

Thanks again.

Oops just took a look at that link you posted David.
It seems the chinese water dragon is the green lizard in question.

However the two Aussie species that are available make great begginers lizards.Those being the
blue Physignathus lessurii Eastern water dragon
green Physignathus lesueurii howittii Gippsland water dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back