Virides has partnered with QR2id - New Fully Expandable Record Keeping System

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exelent cant complian
very good system
printed my codes and stick it on thier cages easy ***.
Love having all the information online .
very easy to tjeck on details

We have been in the process of getting content ready for our QR2id page on Virides | Stylish Enclosure Enhancements and have received some glowing reviews so far.

These have all been approved by the authors for use.

“My python has had some health issues recently and the QR2id system has allowed me to track husbandry, behavioural changes and use of medication with ease. The ability to export the the care-log was also extremely useful in the initial diagnosis; it quickly allowed my vet to assess the severity and causes of the issue based on accurate, logged information from before symptoms even began to show. I would definitely recommend this system to anyone wanting to keep track of their python's general progress.”
Anna Krautbauer, Dee Why, NSW

"Thanks, I got mine in the mail today and I love it, it's awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have uploaded my pictures and transferred all my records from the past years. It can be as basic or as complex as you like it. Love having all the information online and it is very easy to check. Highly recommended!"
Jacques Griesel, Mackay, QLD

“QR2id is so easy to use and extremely convenient. I use it for 2 pythons and it would be ideal for anyone with more. I would definitely recommend it!!”
Justin Bell, Upper Coomera, QLD

“I used to use Snakekeeper but it was lacking in several areas when compared with QR2id. This system is great!”
Laura Brindley, Erakala, QLD

Looking forward to reading the other reviews - thanks!

Two Questions:

1. How do you disable the e-mail notification every time that you scan?

2. How do you enable the 'show recent log' feature?

Two Questions:

When you have logged into your account, click on a code to navigate to its settings. Under the "Contacts" page you should have your email listed. Next to it will be "Active". Click on the text in the brackets to reveal the settings. From the drop down box, select "When a form is submitted".

In the settings for the code you have selected, click on the Overview section and click on "Category Specific Information". At the top, second across will be "Show Rows". If this is more than 0 it will show the number of rows set, otherwise it will show nothing.

I will put forward these queries to Rick so he can ascertain what can be done to improve the fluidity of setting up a code.

Two Questions:

Rick has made it so the Wildlife Care Starter Kit is automatically set to "Email sent upon form submission" so that each time you scan, you do not receive an email to yourself. He can't apply the setting to the introduction cards (the one that you received in the mail), but whenever this occurs we would ensure we give instruction on how to change this option.

The purpose of the email on scan is for things like pet tags, property that can get lost, etc. Also useful for pet stores who want to track interest in an animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
We now have a page dedicated to QR2id on our website - QR2ID | Virides with the quotes provided by those who answered our requests, thanks :)

Managing QR2id for Reptile Care - a few basics

Two Questions:

Disabling on Scan Notification
1. To disable email notification on scan, click on "Contact" for the QR2id you want to change
Set how to be contacted.png
You can set to be contacted when the QR2id Code is Scanned (only) When a Contact Form is submitted, or both. By default Introduction QR2id Codes re set to both "Scan and Form"
Set email on scan.png
You can change the Contact method to Form only, or you can change the contact method to Inactive
Set Contact as inactive.png

Showing Recent Log Record Rows
You can set QR2id to show recent records from the log history, but editing the Category Specific Information. Click on the QR2id Serial Number of the code you want to change (from the "Home" Screen). You will see under the Overview heading 'Category' options - if the Category is not currently set, change it to "Wildlife Care" - then click on Category Specific Information.
Set Category specific information.png
A box appears within which you can set specific information about the Reptile, but at the top of the form is a field headed "Recent Rows" - enter a number in this field to correspond with how much history you want to see when the QR2id Code is scanned.
Set_Recent_Records_to_Show.png

Looks like Rick Draper (Amtacrick) has joined APS :)

Rick is the Managing Director of Amtac Professional Services who developed the QR2id system - an Australian Made product.

Just wondered if those using this system ould provide some feedback...a few months after the last.

If this had an APP associated with it, without a doubt I'd buy it. Even if a did have to pay for the APP seperately

[MENTION=17497]MrThumper[/MENTION] the way it's set up pretty much removes the need for a specific QR2iD app. I can jump on the website on my laptop and access everything but what I find handy is that I use a QR Scanner app which opens a page to enter a log.

My explanation is probably not the best but I've been using it for months and I highly recommend it, it's fantastic :) I can't imagine using anything else in the future as it encompasses everything and more than I could possibly need.

Lawra is correct.

The big advantage of not using an app is that an app needs to be written to work across a multitude of phone operating systems, all running different versions of those operating system, for 1000s of configurations of phones. Every app written requires some level of bug fixes and when a release is published, the app may not continue to work for you, given your configuration of phone. This means with every release of an update, many customers experience different levels of problems at some point during the upgrade process. This is why some people who review updates for apps say "I recommend you back date to the previous version, this one is faulty on X phone using X operating system".

To fix this problem, QR2id is purely a web-based service. Every phone, computer, tablet, laptop, etc can view websites. The only app you require (and that is even if you want to scan the codes), is a QR code scanning app. These apps are free downloads from your applicable app store and simply make your phone able to decode the QR bar code (the QR2id Code Label).

The advantage over an app also means that you can use it, as Lawra said, on any device you like - anywhere in the world (as long as you have an internet connection).

Rick from QR2id specificially designed this system to be as easily accessible to the broadest range of people. This is why QR2id is not an app :)

[MENTION=17497]MrThumper[/MENTION] the way it's set up pretty much removes the need for a specific QR2iD app. I can jump on the website on my laptop and access everything but what I find handy is that I use a QR Scanner app which opens a page to enter a log.

My explanation is probably not the best but I've been using it for months and I highly recommend it, it's fantastic :) I can't imagine using anything else in the future as it encompasses everything and more than I could possibly need.

Well I did it.....and couldn't be happier. Lots of great options and features and I see what you were talking about Lawra about not needing an app.
I even got bit creative and created labels for them all...including the QR in the corner
hurage2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I did it.....and couldn't be happier. Lots of great options and features and I see what you were talking about Lawra about not needing an app.
I even got bit creative and created labels for them all...including the QR in the corner

That looks FANTASTIC! Good job :) I have little brushed aluminium style plates from [MENTION=23918]Virides[/MENTION]

hurage2a.jpg

That's great that you have made your own labels, however there are some considerations you have to take into account with the QR2id label to ensure it will easily read.

1. The code can be quite small but the bigger the code the better. This means your device spends less time getting to your data input page.

2. There needs to be more clear space around the logo from the background.

3. The code needs to be high contrasting with clean edges.

4. It is a good idea to include the serial number so that even when you don't have access to a QR code scanning device, you can still access your code on the QR2id.com website.

Attached are some examples of how these considerations affect your design (I have editted the QR code so it won't scan, for privacy).

QR2id_Label_Recommended_EgA_zps4ddcf018.jpg

QR2id_Label_Recommended_EgB_zpsd7c55591.jpg

In the latter example, the code doesn't need to be black on white or vice versa. It can be any colour as long as the colours are high contrasting (don't use two dark colours essentially).

So after a few weeks, I thought I'd update.

I must say I was a little reluctant in the beginning because I couldn't actually see exactly what I was purchasing. We'll I could, just couldn't wrap my head around all the features and functions. Seeing a screenshot of how someone sets up theirs didn't really help. I found clicking on each button asnd seeing what it does the best way of learning.

Maybe some kind of instruction as to what data fields show up when the QR is scanned may be helpful.

I jumped on board and after an hr or two of working it out and loading in past history for 8 animals....all done!
Now I just scan the QR code when I feed them, enter details like size and quantity, behaviour etc and it's so easy.
At the click of a button it exports the data into an Excel spreadsheet.

Even things trivial such as changing water, temp checks etc....everything is logged.

Easy to access and easy to log info..

QR2ID has been very helpful and prompt answering questions as have [MENTION=23918]Virides[/MENTION]

Can't recommend this enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back