Virides has partnered with QR2id - New Fully Expandable Record Keeping System

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mine arrived in the mail today and I've set it up but have one question. How do you put another reptile onto it?

Well mine arrived in the mail today and I've set it up but have one question. How do you put another reptile onto it?

Firstly I am glad you got your code, hope it is as what you expected and more :)

The QR code you have received is a sample, you get 1 code and 2 years subscription free. To have more reptiles on a code, you must purchase more codes. This can be done by following our link (to get your 15% off) and purchasing from the "Extras" panel on the order page, or from the starter kits (which come with a variety of types of codes like key rings, pet tags, etc). Click here - https://qr2id.com/order?coupon=Virides

The best thing you can do is purchase the 17 sticker pack and while it is of a variety of sizes, at the moment it is the only bulk order label package available. Rick is currently working on other packages that have standard sizes.

Just a side note here, I have only recently started to really push this new system and I am still coming up with all the collateral to fully flesh out the marketing so that most questions can be answered - myself and Rick are working on this over the next few weeks.

I havent recieved my code as yet should be here tomorow or so.
cant wait to try it :)
Just had a tought is it posible to have an sort of electronic version insted of stickers or tags where you can just print the code and put it where ever the person wants it would safe a lot and printing handling and shiping and the custmer dont have to wait for the codes to arrive

I havent recieved my code as yet should be here tomorow or so.
cant wait to try it :)
Just had a tought is it posible to have an sort of electronic version insted of stickers or tags where you can just print the code and put it where ever the person wants it would safe a lot and printing handling and shiping and the custmer dont have to wait for the codes to arrive

To those who won the Free Sample codes, because the system is still having final things added to it, Rick has said he can provide some free codes. Can you please PM me with how many you require. This may only be available over the next couple of days. There is also a limit of 4-5 codes per person.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who won the Free Sample codes, because the system is still having final things added to it, Rick has said he can provide some free codes. So Jacques92, can you please PM me with how many you require. This will likely only last the next week.

Me to or do I have to pay?. I only need two more but will pay if I need to.

Me to or do I have to pay?. I only need two more but will pay if I need to.

Sorry, I didn't realise I put her name in there. I was addressing it to the winners, and so that applies to you also :)

Sorry, I didn't realise I put her name in there. I was addressing it to the winners, and so that applies to you also :)

Aha all good, so would I get the two for free as well, and if so do you need my postal address again?

Aha all good, so would I get the two for free as well, and if so do you need my postal address again?

No I have this on record, however can you please PM your email address so that Rick can cross reference accounts to assign the codes, thanks.

Also be aware that this system is not just for reptiles, any pet can benefit from this system. Anything you own can benefit from the system.

You can have a code on your key ring so that if you ever lose them and they are found they can either scan the code with their phone, or go to QR2id.com and enter the serial number. With the "Keys" Category selected for the nominated QR Code, the person who finds your keys can fill in their Name, a message to you and their email address (you can even add additional security by having the person verify their email to contact you. This stops misuse of the system). Once you had to have your phone number on your keys, but how many people actually do this? This way you can have a safe and secure way to allow someone to contact you if you lose your keys.

Another feature that I have employed under my own account is assigning a code to the FBT Category. FBT - Fringe Benefits Tax, I have a QR Code stuck to the dash of my car and whenever I am about to take a business related trip, I just scan the code, input my start kilometers and when I arrive I can scan it again to enter my finishing kilometers. I have always intended to keep a log book, but since I always have my phone with me, this is frankly a lot easier. I can then at tax time log into my account on the computer and export the data to Excel where it is neatly laid out.

Another way the system can be used is when you loan someone something from your shed for instance, you can scan the code and record in the log who borrowed it.

There are about 65 categories to choose from with more added in future updates. I haven't looked at all the categories as yet, but this is a very thorough and fleshed out system that will help you organise not just your reptiles, but your home aswell.

Rick has told me that he will be doing up PDF documents for each of the people that requested additional codes. This way you won't have to wait for them to come through the mail and you can print them out yourselves.

This option might become available on the website later. I would imagine it would cost a small amount compared to getting physical labels produced. I will have to confirm through Rick on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks got mine in the mail today :)
love it its awsome .
easy to set up.
Exactly what i was looking for cant wait to set up the rest of my snakes :)

Last edited:
Good news to the winners, you will all be receiving a PDF file sent to your nominated email addresses with 16 new QR Codes. Rick decided to reward you guys for being early adopters of the system :)

They are not assigned as Wildlife Care codes, you are able to assign the categories yourself. Use them as you wish :) Rick says that they can be printed to Avery L7162 Labels or just on plain paper. It is recommended however to print out the labels.

Avery L7162 Labels - Avery White Address Labels Matte (L7162) 99.1 x 34mm Pk/1600 at $74.94 in Laser Printer Labels

Thanks can't wait
Realy like this system.
I uploaded my pictures and transfered all my records for the past years feeding and shedding, weights, everything basically. It can be as basic or as complex as you'd like it.

I spent today talking with Rick in more depth on the system. He said that when you get your codes which have already been preset to "Wildlife Care" you have to go to the code in your account, and set up the Category Specific Information (click the green text next to "Category"). Here you determine all the information relating to that code - the species, the name, age, etc. By ensuring you input this information means you can easily search for reptiles without having to remember which code is what reptile.

This system is a full fledged and detailed database system with a lot of powerful tools but can only work to its full capacity when all the appropriate information is inputted.

Rick has also advised me that he will be making some tutorials on how to effectively use the system as well. This system started initially for corporate based clients and Virides is helping him bring this to the general public by pointing out better ways to communicate it.

There will soon be changes on the site to accommodate the layman but if you have any problems, there is the hotline you can call (1800 420 380) or you can PM me and I will find out from Rick direct.

Thank you :D my code came in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until my next day off (Wednesday) to set it up but I am very excited - it looks fantastic!

Thanks again :)

For those who requested them, the page of 16 codes have been emailed to you and also attached you will find a guide on how to set up your records. Please read this as it gives you insight on how to operate the system and also will help you figure out how to customise your record keeping as you see fit.

How is everyone finding the system? Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I will pass this onto Rick.

Are the instructions that came with the emails easy to understand and are they a good reference?

Remember if you are having any problems you can contact me through a PM or you can call QR2id direct (during business hours) on 1800 420 380.

How is everyone finding the system? Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I will pass this onto Rick.

Are the instructions that came with the emails easy to understand and are they a good reference?

Remember if you are having any problems you can contact me through a PM or you can call QR2id direct (during business hours) on 1800 420 380.

I find it good and easy to use the instructions helped me a fair bit with some stuff and really need to get more herps to fill up those other 15 or find something else to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back