Virides has partnered with QR2id - New Fully Expandable Record Keeping System

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it good and easy to use the instructions helped me a fair bit with some stuff and really need to get more jeeps to fill up those other 15 or find something else to.

More Jeeps? lol

The codes can be applied to anything. For instance you can apply a label to your car set to the "Generic Logging" category and record the maintenance done to the vehicle.

If you feel there is a category not covered, let us know so we can look into getting it added.

More Jeeps? lol

The codes can be applied to anything. For instance you can apply a label to your car set to the "Generic Logging" category and record the maintenance done to the vehicle.

If you feel there is a category not covered, let us know so we can look into getting it added.

Auto correct I meant more herps :/ but yeah haven't found anything wrong with
It yet :D

Very good system.
Very easy to use.
All my snakes are all set up now.
Thanks again for the 16 codes.
Took a while to enter all my data for the last 2 years
It would be a little easier if you could just type in the date instead of having to click on it, but maybe that's just me

Very good system.
Very easy to use.
It would be a little easier if you could just type in the date instead of having to click on it, but maybe that's just me

I would imagine this would be easy for Rick to change over. I can see how using a mobile device and how it is not as quick as a mouse, could get tedious. I can recommend that he makes it a simple input of for instance 07/07/2013. A lot of how the system is designed was based on how Rick thought it would be easier or at least how his mind works. But I am here to help him tweak it into a very fluid system. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the system :)

Very good system.
Very easy to use.

Hi Jacques,
I work with Rick and have been using QR2id for some time to enter insulin records for my diabetic border collie, Shadow.
Thanks for the feedback.
Clicking on the date can be a bit tedious but the date field is coded that way so it is always correctly formatted. The formatting is very important as it is used to sort the records, if the person entered the date in a slightly different way each time (ie 4/5/2013 then 6.05.2013) they would soon have a list that was difficult to manage.
I hope to add a blue tongue to my family soon so I'm finding this forum very interesting. :)
Jill

Hi Jacques,
I work with Rick and have been using QR2id for some time to enter insulin records for my diabetic border collie, Shadow.
Thanks for the feedback.
Clicking on the date can be a bit tedious but the date field is coded that way so it is always correctly formatted. The formatting is very important as it is used to sort the records, if the person entered the date in a slightly different way each time (ie 4/5/2013 then 6.05.2013) they would soon have a list that was difficult to manage.
I hope to add a blue tongue to my family soon so I'm finding this forum very interesting. :)
Jill

Hi Jill,

I emailed Rick about this and suggested a way to him that would allow for the same dating method but would be easily inputted by typing. It is similar to how serial codes are entered when installing software.

Your dog is terribly friendly and pretty good at getting around despite being blind. Border collies are one of my favourite breeds :)

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks Scott.
Yes, Shadow is very good at finding a person to lean on.
Hope your date method works. Great having extra sets of eyes on QR2id and hearing that it is working well.

It was a tedious task but i dont mind it was raely easy to do. double click and the all the months of the year was there so it went prety quick and i feed all my snake every sunday unless there sheding so it was just a matter of click on every sunday

We are currently running a competition on our Facebook page for 3 people to win a FREE sample QR code - including 2 years subscription. All you have to do is correctly guess the length of Penny's Coastal Python.

https://www.facebook.com/Virides

The 3 closest answers will win. 1 entry per person (your first answer is your entry). Ends Sunday 22nd Sep 2013 9:00pm AEST. Winners notified via Facebook message for address details. If no one claims within a week, the next closest (in chronological order) will be chosen as the winner.

Have fun!

Rick has just approved Virides' request for a Wildlife Care Starter Kit. In the kit you will get:

- 2 years of subscription $28.60
- 10 ploymer labels (weather resistant and can be cleaned) $17.50
- 3 Die-sub Tags that can be attached to things like your key ring $15.90

Separately you would pay $62 but the Wildlife Care Starter Kit is only $33. If you use "Virides" as your coupon code this means you get all this for $28.05+P&H - that's 15% off!

https://qr2id.com/au/products/wildlife-care-starter-kit/ will explain what the kit includes, be sure to add "Virides" as your coupon code to receive 15% off!

To get your starter kit simply follow this link, the coupon and Wildlife Care Starter Kit will be automatically added - https://qr2id.com/order?coupon=Virides&sk=SKP05-WLC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey virides I was thinking, are you going to be making this into an app for apple or android cause that would be easier to use than getting onto the website.
Just an idea that popped into my head

Hey virides I was thinking, are you going to be making this into an app for apple or android cause that would be easier to use than getting onto the website.

+1 best idea!!! :D

The main reason why this is not an App is that Apps require software to be written that must be compatible with as many devices as possible. A Samsung phone will act differently to an LG phone despite both being an Android based system, and of course Apple is different all again. Then you have the problem that when you do a bug fix, and release a patch, a phone that may not have experienced a problem, now experiences a problem because of the patch. All of this requires a team of software developers that cost money, this also means that the cost of the system being $14.30 inc GST/yr for the subscription (which I think is extremely reasonable for what you get) will become much more expensive and all the codes as a whole would go up in price.

Rick developed the system this way so that everyone can use it, on any device and there are no worries not just for him with bug fixes and software updates, but also the customer doesn't have to worry about it. I know that if I ask Rick to look into an App version of this, he will tell me exactly what I have explained here and that the system is better off in its current state.

The whole system will be getting tweaks as it goes along and your feedback will make that an easier process. He has told me he will eventually want it to be more of a visual experience - essentially a better layout. But currently the system is very powerful and has many advantages over other systems despite not being an App.

The main reason why this is not an App is that Apps require software to be written that must be compatible with as many devices as possible. A Samsung phone will act differently to an LG phone despite both being an Android based system, and of course Apple is different all again. Then you have the problem that when you do a bug fix, and release a patch, a phone that may not have experienced a problem, now experiences a problem because of the patch. All of this requires a team of software developers that cost money, this also means that the cost of the system being $14.30 inc GST/yr for the subscription (which I think is extremely reasonable for what you get) will become much more expensive and all the codes as a whole would go up in price.

Rick developed the system this way so that everyone can use it, on any device and there are no worries not just for him with bug fixes and software updates, but also the customer doesn't have to worry about it. I know that if I ask Rick to look into an App version of this, he will tell me exactly what I have explained here and that the system is better off in its current state.

The whole system will be getting tweaks as it goes along and your feedback will make that an easier process. He has told me he will eventually want it to be more of a visual experience - essentially a better layout. But currently the system is very powerful and has many advantages over other systems despite not being an App.

Yeah I see why you didn't in the first place now but like I said it was just an idea :)

I haven't seen any screenshots of what this can do for reptile keeping so I've got no idea how it works or whether it is of any use to me. Being 42 and not 12 might have something to do with that but none-the-less, I'd like to see an example of how it is used for reptile keeping records. Screenshots etc...

I currently just use an excel spreadsheet for recording stuff and find it only too easy.

Thanks.

I haven't seen any screenshots of what this can do for reptile keeping so I've got no idea how it works or whether it is of any use to me. Being 42 and not 12 might have something to do with that but none-the-less, I'd like to see an example of how it is used for reptile keeping records. Screenshots etc...

I currently just use an excel spreadsheet for recording stuff and find it only too easy.

Thanks.

That's understandable. I am slowly making all the collateral required to inform people like yourself more easily. In the meantime here are some screen shots of the system:

This how your account looks when populated with your QR2id Codes
account_overview_zpsc8aa5605.jpg

This is the overview page of a selected code (example shown is a wildlife care record). Each tab allows you to input or view specific information. The expense log for instance can allow you to quickly see what you have spent on your reptile and will allow you to export to Excell in an easy to understand format. You can attach files like a PDF for basic care information, etc.
WildlifeCare_overview_zpsd426694b.jpg

Some categories allow you to enter Category Specific Information. A Wildlife Care Category has this and this screen shot shows some of the information you can input. If you find something that isn't in the form you can request it by replying to this thread or PMing Virides. Rick will add it into the system promptly.
WildlifeCare_CategorySpecificInfo_zps435e04a2.jpg

When you scan your label on your enclosure you will see a mobile friendly version of this page. Alternatively you can enter the QR2id Code's Serial Number at QR2id.com to see this page. You can customise anything from the Category Specific Information (Above) to be shown on this splash screen.
code_scan_zps64cdb8e3.jpg

When you want to log an entry to the code, you simply select the approriate button and input the information as shown. You can opt for a PIN number (as seen on the Overview page), this means only those who know the PIN can record information to the code.
LogEntry_zps57f3511b.jpg

I hope this helps you understand some of the system.

- - - Updated - - -

You can now also purchase standard labels that are either printed and mailed to you or downloadable as a PDF - https://qr2id.com/au/products/avery-stickers/ 99.1 x 34mm in size, 16 to a sheet. Remember to use "Virides" to get 15% off :)

Thanks for the info. It's made it very quick for me to decide I'll stick to using my spread sheet. :)

While this system has the functionality for reptile/animal record keeping, it covers a whole range of other applications for home and business. If you are interested in the system, it shouldn't just be thought of as a reptile record keeping system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back