Visually sexing Stimson's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probing is no guarantee ( by well respected breeder) Look what my female brissie coastal left for me
7a31b1df-b2c4-6af3.jpg

Glad I wasn't planning on breeding her/him

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust a vet either.
We bought a female diamond from a friend, took it to a vet to get probed, vet said 'male'
We told our friend, he said, well I took it to the same vet and he told me female...go figure.....

BHPs and Womas are easy to sex by looking at the tails. look at an adult known pair of womas its easy to tell the diffrence.

Last edited:
At what age/sized python would someone expect to see sperm plugs? I examined my 85-90cm 10 month old Jungle's last shed and there was what looked to be the makings of sperm plugs.... But I expected that I wouldn't see something like that until 'he' was much older?

I didnt see anything on my 'girls' slough until a few months ago.... but i have a yearling darwin who may possibly have sperm plugs, but they were only small if thats what I saw, but then again he's not 2 yet.

Does it stand or sit to pee? Does it rattle? (if so it's a boy). Probeing is the most accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back