W.A SNAKEBUSTERS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i don't like the idea of george pinning the snakes with those things but if you were the snake would you rather be out of the suburbs and alive or have some ignorant moron chop off ya head(unless he misses which means you don't die instantly) with a shovel?

andrew

Just for intrest sake Andrew, you may not be aware that a snake does not actually die instantly after being decapitated anyway.
due to differring oxygen requirements of mammal and reptile brains, a snake will live (its head) for some time after, much longer than a mammal, I have heard up to an hour!
Imagine its suffering!
Maybe our resident vet GeckoDan can fill us in on that? Ill bet some A$$ has done experiments in the name of science along these lines.

SLACkra said:
i watch aussie animal rescue now and then. i remember i went to one of them things on rescueing wildlife at the zoo as i was interested. there was one guy who was the main speaker, lives in a shed atm as his house is under construction. anyways i was watching one episode and there he was.

ya i don't like the idea of george pinning the snakes with those things but if you were the snake would you rather be out of the suburbs and alive or have some ignorant moron chop off ya head(unless he misses which means you don't die instantly) with a shovel?

andrew
Andrew, what Linus is refering to is where Bruce pins a juvinile Adder on a road in WA, it was not nessicary to pin the animal, he only did it for the show, but what's even more interesting is how he went about it, he pinned it, and the he grabed it behind the hook, and the first thing I though is, No, he's not gunna try pick it up like that, there's still a good2-3cm behind it's head! It can easily swing aroung and nab him!, well, I was wrong :p , he did try pick it up like that and the moment it was no longer pinned it swung straight around and tagged him on the thumb, I could help but find the whole thing funny, I think it was a dry bite too, but he was airlifted to hospital.

Slackra, are you aware the show is fake? There is no reason to pin the snake so cruely, when its a captive!

He is a nice bloke though and certainly knows his reptiles. I did somefliming up here with him when he was shooting snake buster.

Cheers

Be careful guys this is what Hoser has to say about it on his site

17 Dec 2005 - Please note that contrary to assertions to the contrary, Raymond Hoser retains full ownership and use of the following trademarks:
Snakebuster
Snakebusters
and variants thereof and will prosecute any persons who cause damage to the Hoser businesses, good name and companies by use or misuse of the marks, defamation or other matters if deemed relevant.

So you can probable expect the usual legal warning from him

Regards David

Moclobe said:
..and will prosecute any persons who cause damage to the Hoser businesses, good name ...

Good name?

Good grief!

Snakefangbusters

:p

Hix

Yes I have been threatened with legal action in the past myself. I think that a certain someone likes to throw his weight around, and most of it, is bullying tactics with no real legal weight at all.

"somone might sue you for calling yourself westaussie one day babe!"

Yes Simone they might just try that too. Thats why I didnt use the name "Knob-head" He may have had a case then !!

Moclobe said:
Be careful guys this is what Hoser has to say about it on his site

Snakebusters
and variants thereof and will prosecute any persons who cause damage to the Hoser businesses, good name and companies by use or misuse of the marks

Is it possible to sue yourself??

Sure! That's a win/lose proposition though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.