WA BHP eggs, Working through the emotions.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will have a problem due to early cutting.

I have cut carpet eggs 10-14 days prior to hatching as I like to watch the stages of colour development. You will find that the fluid within the egg may get a bit cloudy and the edges of the cuts can go a bit manky. As long as you did not cut into any vessels when making the cuts all should be fine.

Good luck with them.

I have cut too early before and had no issues.
Dont stuff around with them and keep the lid closed.
I wouldnt move them at all.
Just keep the lid shut.
The first ever time l incubated some eggs l sealed the container completely and l got 33 out of 34 coastal eggs hatch out perfectly.
Good luck with it, l think u will be ok.
Jas....

cutting eggs

Hi all,I'll put my two cents worth in. I have in the past cut my BHP eggs at sixty days and many were underdeveloped, they were left in the inc and came out on day 65 to68. Now I cut at 65 and it still can take up to a week for them to make there move. I cut even before they have pipped. I keep incubator at 31.5 on a no medium system. After cutting I always stick my finger in and they do twitch. That way I know they are fine.

Couldn't have got a better result! 100%! Some photos pre first shed. all have since had their first shed.

A humbling experience, and a big thanks to a certain person who accepted my explanation and apology. You know who you are, cheers.

Attachments

• 26122010984.jpg
    26122010984.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 29122010991.jpg
    29122010991.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 29122010987.jpg
    29122010987.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 29122010988.jpg
    29122010988.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 54
Couldn't have got a better result! 100%! Some photos pre first shed. all have since had their first shed.

A humbling experience, and a big thanks to a certain person who accepted my explanation and apology. You know who you are, cheers.

congrats!! they look great

Good to see things went well, if there is one python species needed in good supply its BHPs. It reminds me of that article on herptrader about the split childreni egg.

That's terrible to hear. I'm sure that if it doesn't work out initially, you'll definitely know for next time.

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 12:38 AM ----------

Oh whoops, didn't bother to see the result :p
Haha, that's great news! And the hatchlings look marvellous.
I'm looking forward to seeing just how they develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back