WA man fined for native reptiles, frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A PILBARA man has been fined for keeping 11 desert death adders, 52 Stimson's pythons, seven woma pythons and 20 northern green tree frogs in his home.
mf.gif
border="0"
|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

a2t.img

vp5yUMKo4Yo

Published On: 28-Sep-12 12:31 PM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

50G's worth for 50 stimson's and a couple of womas 11 death adders and 20 frogs!!! Wow, I should be breeding in W.A lol but of course they choose the highest price for each individual animal!

50G's worth for 50 stimson's and a couple of womas 11 death adders and 20 frogs!!! Wow, I should be breeding in W.A lol but of course they choose the highest price for each individual animal!

HELL YEAH!!!

Even at top price, $25k is a stretch for all that. Bet we could sell them invisible snakes there too!

Must include all the invisable ones :p I hate it when they do this $*&^...they make it seem such a high value...thats why people do it. Old Jo reads the paper and things crap...that much from only 100 animals..why not and gives it a go. His lucky to get 10-12g for it all! lol

Keep in mind that the alleged act was nearly 2 years ago and Womas were selling at about $1000 plus, Stimsons at $450 plus, and desert death adders around $500 mark. So 30 to 35 grand would be about the commercial retail value.

Dam I would hate to live in W.A with those prices....thats criminal! I've seen Woma's here for $200 and Stimson's for $100...making W.A's prices hurt the wallet even thinking about it!

Dam I would hate to live in W.A with those prices....thats criminal! I've seen Woma's here for $200 and Stimson's for $100...making W.A's prices hurt the wallet even thinking about it!

Wasn't that long ago here on the east coast that womas went for 2k each and bhps for 1k each,$250 for a bog standard carpet.

Wow...suppose I have only been in the game for 2 years...I am but a yearling still :p

that many animals and nearly all the same species, shows they were not illegal pets but that he was taking them from the wild to sell and make a profit. he should have got more than a fine and court costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back