WA V NT Red acs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gday monitor lovers :D I have seen some pics and heard about the WA red acies was wondering if anyone has any imfo on NT red form acs.Whats the most colourful of the two or are they highly variable?What type colour form would be over in womaspilbaraland.? :)

The animals in the NT are looking similar to those pictured above, but as with all animals they can vary a fair bit.

:D Pilbara there nice bright colour mate,good photo too thanks mate its good to see what they look like over there. :D

Awesome looking Ackies there PP.
Do you guys have any ugly reptiles over there??? lol

:twisted: :twisted: AD is that one of those ugly WA BHPS on your avatar ugly things matey,make bongo bush on mine look handsome :p

Oldfella, there is a great difference between the WA and the NT red ackies. The NT ackies are the red phase of the yellow ackies found in Qld. They are the same species. The WA Red ackies are a different species then the eastern form. They grow bigger, have larger clutches and also have a totally different paterning then their eastern counterparts.

The WA ackies can vary greatly in colour from one region to the next. The best coloured ones come from just north of Pilbara Pythons home town. Maybe if you ask him nicely he may even collect some for yous guys. Maybe.

WAv NT Red acs

Thanks for making that clear bigguy,yeh i would get some from WA but the gov there have got too many heavy charges. :(

Here is a pic of some QLD ackies from Mt ISa. My favorite IMO. But I love ackies though, by far my favourite little monitor.

AD is that one of those ugly WA BHPS on your avatar ugly things matey,make bongo bush on mine look handsome

Lol OldFella - Yeah, my little girl shed today. Very nice huh! She is upside down, so its mainly ventrals you see. But she is turning out very well. The male of course is an absolute stunner and I shall posts some pics soon to get you really drooling!!!!!

damn they are looker definitly putting them on top of the list after building the enclosure of what to buy.

Just need to find another way to make more money

farmdog said:
damn they are looker definitly putting them on top of the list after building the enclosure of what to buy.

Just need to find another way to make more money

dont we all

:lol: Not too close Pilbara ime drooling there a really bright colour,and yours AD Look like brightly marked animals.Think i would be wanting to look at photos of acs before purchase theres ordinary colours i have seen that look nothing like these fellas. :p

ackies

Howdy Pilbaras, don't you want to sell me any of those critters???
Am still awaiting those photos or is that them above?
Bye, Steve.

RE: ackies

Hi big guy, so how do you tell the difference between red and yellow ackies, is there a description or key somewhere, my book says red ackies come over to victoria river N.T

Sorry Fishead
We are so busy here that I had forgotten all about it. As some of you may already know my business partner and the license holder has been suffering cancer and his absence over the last 6 months has made it difficult to be efficient. The good news is that he may have beaten it and we will strive to get Pilbara Pythons back on track shortly.

Pike01,

If you look in Coggers, or any modern day Monitor book you will see that the 2 races are divided.

The TRUE RED Ackies are know as Varanus acanthurus acanthurus and are only found on the far Western half of WA.

The remander are known as Yellow Ackies, Varanus acanthurus brachyurus. This subspecies is Yellow in Qld but can have a red colouration in the NT. These NT ackies are often advertised for sale and people are being mislead into thinking they are the more expensive WA true red form, which they most definately are not.

That's not an ackie. THIS is an ACKIE!

As Bob said, true reds only come from WA and the best, like the one pictured, come from the Sandfire region. The label "red", when applied to ackies from other regions, is really just a marketing ploy.

red-ackie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back