wana know what bands have made an impact on your life...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whcasual79

Reaction score
Rite music is an important part of my life and i was just curious to know what styles of music everyone here's into and what bands have made a lasting impact on their lives?

for me it has to be SOCIAL DISTORTION and BAD RELIGION

all i can say is MIKE NESS IS GOD! HA

I grew up listening to Led Zep ,the Doors,Pink floyd .Police ,Queen and so many other great bands like that .....i cant get into the new stuff anything 90s back i dont mind but its a rare for me to like anything in this era...

The album aenima by tool, a masterpiece by true artists. I also liked radioheads lyrics that are relevant to this day and age. I love the medical themes in kurt cobains lyrics. (milk it, drain you, heart shaped box etc) he also was a great artist

I have to jump on th TOOL bandwagon as well - Aenima is genius ........ though other influencial bamds at different stages have been NIrvana, Pearl Jam, Hole, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Rancid, Sex Pistols, Porkers.......... so many that have had an impact.

Contemporary bands, the Killers are probably my favorite.

i like rubber bands they make a nice twang

Most recently "The Fantomas Melvins Big Band" with the cd Millennium Monsterwork. It's really quite amazing.

bands that have made an impact on my life are ones that i have seen live, many many times. sneaking into pubs and clubs as a teen and spending many a drunken nite watching and supporting aussie bands, sweating and slamming into moshpits,cold beers and torn tshirts. aussie bands like hoodoo gurus, died pretty, the vines, the saints, the church,plunderers, celibate rifles and hard ons.
i find it difficult to appreciate a band that i can only watch on the idiot box or listen on the top 40 countdown and besides aussie bands are as good if not better than any exotics.
turn off your mtv and get out of the house and support australian.

ummmm....music in general...music is a massive part of my life and i figure if it has a good bass line il give it a go.
basically alternative rock tends to have the biggest impact on me...and maybe garage rock with things such as the vines....

give me AMITY AFFLICTION, sick of it all, rancid, carpathian NOFX etc haha

ummm.....
well i dont listen to music much but if i had to name one idd have to say rise against for there lyrics

bliss n eso, tonedeff, looptroop i could go on all day

i dont like most music that people seem to on aps :p im more into aussie hip hop and euro hip hop etc

Tool, Undertow still can't be beaten imo.
Don't know if anyone remembers them but Skunk Anansie are another fave of mine. I'd love to thank the man that broke Skins heart, :)

Iron maiden, Marty Friedman (inspired me to learn guitarcheck him out!), Tool

In my teen years it was Metallica, Megadeth and Pantera. These days it's Cradle Of Filth, Therion, The Vision Bleak and Nightwish.

if your in sydney tonite then come and see reformation of a sydney legendary band (one of my favourites)appropriate to this forum "DECLINE OF THE REPTILES" at the Empire Hotel Annandale, supported by the grooviest treblemakers,surfin sensation The Alohas and Booby Trap. Give the guitarist or drummer of the Alohas a tap on the shoulder and ask for me and we can have a beer together.
http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=attd&view=att&th=120a2a5c1657a5db

S_A050217-05_Bay%20City%20Rollers%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back