wana know what bands have made an impact on your life...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the porkers(pork hunts, when they started in the early 90's) english punk- exploited, chaos uk, extreme noise terror, conflict, broken bones, discharge.., english skins-cockney rejects,screwdriver, the macc lads...aussie punk-warpspazm, toe to toe, tutti partze, brady bunch lawnmower massicare, i spit on your gravy, dreamkillers, to many, could talk music for years..

I must lead a sheltered life, I havent heard of at least 90% of what has been mentioned *sighs*

id hav to say the red hot chili peppers were very influential during my growing up and still r a big part of it.....i also was a huge fan of pantera,slayer,metallica,machine head,fear factory,sepultura n soulfly

also wen rage against the machine n korn came into the scene i was blown away by their lyrics n very powerful live shows...very luckyto hav seen both bands live several times

these dayz i listen to alot of disturbed,mudvayne,slipknot n i cant stop listening to the prodigy

bands like nightwish, sirenia, tristania, and unsun inspire me.
any female fronted operatic metal band ;D

the porkers(pork hunts, when they started in the early 90's) ...

hehe forgot you were a newcastle boy ...I used to watch these guys whenever I could, usually at the corner hotel in richmond - went and saw the 20 yr gig in 2008 here in brissy and they still put on a great nights entertainment (eg. took me back to my mispent youth lol)

Lizzie

PINK FLOYD by a long shot

Escape The Fate! and been listening to alot of American Headcharge and Static - X but their new album "Cult of Static" is total poo!

i guess i have a few but none you guys would probably like, but i'm more into some solo singers

Rite music is an important part of my life and i was just curious to know what styles of music everyone here's into and what bands have made a lasting impact on their lives?

for me it has to be SOCIAL DISTORTION and BAD RELIGION

all i can say is MIKE NESS IS GOD! HA

Social Distortion huh.. a girl I know very well is friends with mike ness and crew :D
she lives in vegas. what about 3 Bad Jacks? Calabrese? Koffin Kats?

But back to thread.. Stones, Janes Addiction, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, NIN, Tool to name a few..

NOFX, sublime, dropkick murphys, system of a down, screeching weasel, faith no more/bungle to name a few,....

hey Colin, i saw Janes Addiction in 1990! :p jealous? :)

In my teen years it was Metallica, Megadeth and Pantera. These days it's Cradle Of Filth, Therion, The Vision Bleak and Nightwish.

thats a new switch to me most people go from cradle and thier ilk to panter megadeth and metallica style bands i still listen to cradle a bit but not like i did when i was 14 i just grew out of that ridiculous necrphilea vib they throw off i guess i stopped listen to music that i liked and had the added bonus of really shocking people and started listening to music that i love and stoped careing what people think. biggest band thats had an influence. there are two slayer of all things helped me to control my anger and chris issack helped me get in touch with my....(shudders at words) non anger related feelings. other bands that contributed were pantera 69 eyes lacuna coil megadeth HIM Rob zombie (its great to just have a good rage to) and there is one song thats really opened my eyes alot its called sun screen i cant remeber who its by but its awsome. but i mostly listen to metal early 80's to mid 90s with some of the newer stuff and slipknot helped me to define what truly god awful music is and opened my eyes to the world of sell outs. (sorry to the maggots out there but its true.) there are only two members worth their salt in that band and thats corey taylor cuz he can actually sing and joey jordison for writing the lyrics to the one and only murderdolls album.

TOOL for sure, disturbed, nirvana, mudvayne, slipknot,bliss n eso, hilltop hood ( the older albums before they went poppy), aphex twin, the tea party, massive attack, the list just goes on, i reckon i might be one of a few ppl whos playlists jump from ambient background music to thrash metal and cover everything in between lol

Pink Floyd, Chilli Peppers, Michael Franti & Spearhead and John Willamson.
Its pretty hard to narrow it down, these are just a few.

NOFX, sublime, dropkick murphys, system of a down, screeching weasel, faith no more/bungle to name a few,....

hey Colin, i saw Janes Addiction in 1990! :p jealous? :)

screeching weasel are one of the best bands ever ha... u heard ben weasels other bands... riverdales??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back