wanted crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys does any one know a cheep cricket seller in melbourne.... i no there is a guy who sells 400 cockroachs for $20 only they are manly large n i cant feed my juvenile beardies large cockraoches..... at the moment i am spending 12bucks a week on crickets... n i am so broke :(
thanx NEV

are small cockroaches alrite for juvenile beardies... about 4-5 months old??? thanks dude for replying so fast
NEV

Yep, that's what mine have had since hatchlings, never fed them crix at all.
Also, they are very easy to breed so another possibility is to buy a few hundred of the older ones and start your own colony.

Ie bought woodies from herpshop and now there breeding like crazy i have a heap of them in with my water dragon babie breeding too and it is fat as hell!!

hey how do u give ur beardies calcium n vitamins.... i tried putting the powder on crickets only the cricket ends up dieing from the amount of powder on it.... then it just loooks like a ball of white stuff which isnt very appertising for them.. cos the only way i could get the powder on them was to dunk them in it. now i have given up on the n usually just sprinkle it on their dry food n lettuce but it makes things go off so quick n stinks the enclosure out.... ny ideas????
NEV

We posted at the exat same time and also try putting the calicum and crickets in a bag and shaking the bag enough usually sticks to em

oh k kewl... wat do u breed ur roaches in... is it just a buket with sand on bottom... does it need egg cartons or some thing? wat foods do u put in with them
NEV

I have a plastic container with lube on the inside so they cant climb up and they have plenty of egg cartons to hide in they eat dog food and carrots daily look on www.herpshop.com to find out how to look after them proply

the way that i've found to be the easiest way to dust your crickets is to put some of them into a freezer bag and then put in some powder and shake it.Just make sure not to put to much powder in to suffocate the crickets you should only need a little amount.

ALso neven i work in a pet shop and you can get these sorts of supplements which you add to the drinking water which is a definate way that your herps are going to get the supplement as they need water to survive

i can only get crickets for my ackie in summer or otherwise i would be buying a container every 2 days

how much is the supplement do u no?? and how can i tell if my beardies are actually dirnking out of water bowl... cos i hv never seen them actually drink out of it.... how come u can only get crickets in summer???

Personally i wouldnt rely on vitamins in the water, as bearded dragons dont drink much at all, they get moisture from their food and they apparently like to lick up water droplets (Still make sure you have a bowl of water in the cage at all times)
Dusting the cickets in the plastic bag is the go
Also feeding the crickets a good balanced diet will also help to give your herps their vitamins

at the mall they sell themm the name of the shop is finns winga n things you can buy them there :mrgreen:

i have seen my beardies drink out of a bowl lots of times.
i also catch them sitting in their water bowl alot.the guy i got my centrals off said that some zoologists beleive bearded dragons soak up water via the anus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back