Warming up...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Starting to warm up now and it looks as though things are on the move.

This one, looking quite emaciated, we found in local scrubland (Karawatha). Didn't get any clearer photos as it disappeared into the undergrowth after I snapped off this one shot.

00001.jpg

Not long after we got home this one was discovered in the backyard. We relocated it to nearby scrub.

00002.jpg

00003-1.jpg

Also found a half dozen frogs, which I assume are Litoria fallax. I have no clue with regard to frogs :)

00003.jpg

I love Karawatha forest, but I never see anything but birds and bugs, and roos once. I must be going at the wrong time of day for herps etc. (yes i know herps are not common in the cooler months, I mean even in the warmer months I am hopeless at finding anything)

Mmm, my coastal has been of her food for the winter, but she's starting to come out looking again so I'm trying her tonight. Can't wait til the wild ones start coming out more, been looking forward to a summer of herping all winter.

I love Karawatha forest, but I never see anything but birds and bugs, and roos once. I must be going at the wrong time of day for herps etc. (yes i know herps are not common in the cooler months, I mean even in the warmer months I am hopeless at finding anything)

We've been down there a few times, probably really the wrong time of day every time we've been. Still, we've managed to find that blue-tongue, some eastern two-lined dragons, some very young barbata and there's always lots of those frogs (again, I assume L. fallax)

nice pics, its good having things back out again, the frogs are starting to call now, also seen heaps of lizards, cant wait for the snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back