Warning over Christmas (Snake theft)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Reaction score
I'm sure that i'm not the first, Nor will i be the last.

I recently purchased a brand new Darwin albino yearling. He was a pretty smexy little snake.
Was proud that i had taken the biggest step and shelled out some big $$ for the hobby.

So apparently someone decided to do some free christmas shopping while i was at work yesterday and decided to smash through a sliding glass door.

I get home to find a few electronic items stolen, (They left the plasma obviously only looking for what they could carry easily). Wasn't to worried as I have full insurance cover, all up the bill was just $600 + $900 albino :(

Thank christ I keep all my other snakes in a locked room with a solid door, The police reckon they would have done some pain to their shoulder if they suspected anything of value in there.

The glass door is now fixed and crim mesh being fitted to prevent it again.
Also installed a swan home surveillance camera setup just incase.

The police dont believe there is much hope for finding the person, and most likely the snake will be sold to someone who wont know how to look after it or they will release it when the novelty wheres off. (This is the saddest part). However they were also speaking about how this was becoming regular knocking over snake owners as the snakes attract easy money and normally associated with a other valuable assets.

But guys, Just a warning take every precaution to ensure that you never let any stranger know you have snakes.

That's horrible mate, it's an awful feeling when your beloved pet/member of the family is stolen, don't give up on finding her, I'll keep a lookout on gumtree and that for u, if i see anything Albino Darwin I'll let u know.

so sorry to hear mate, best of luck in getting it back and thanks for the warning

I'm very careful about who knows where I live or what I keep there. I had a sale fall through because they thought I was untrustworthy for not letting them come to my house. Might have been one of those dodgy people trying to case the place for all I know. Their loss anyway, with a waiting list it's easy to say no to someone who insists on coming to your house.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope that in some way the scumbags get what they deserve.

That sucks mate.im currently waiting on an albino hatchy. will be more careful of who I tell now

Since most of the thieves wouldnt realise maybe put an albino brownie in an easily seen box marked python??

I know what it is like to get 1 stolen, the first ever coastal i bought for my son got stolen by a tradesman who did some work here, he made such a big show of telling us his utter dislike for snakes but around 1 hour after he had been gone i went in to feed it and it was gone, there is no way it could have gotten out as the enclosure i made had solid glass in the front and a fully secure lid. He denied it of course, but he was the only other person to go into that end of the house all day, Karma got him in the end when he parked his Ute outside the Pub and had all his tools knocked off (no i did not do it wish i had of). Hope you get yours back and Karma helps you as well :( ......................Ron

There is no such thing as karma. Unfortunately you're unlikely to ever see it again :( Least it wont happen a second time now you're prepared for it. I'd hate to be feeling the way you are.

Well, if you ever so happen to find an ad on a reptile classifieds for a albino python where the guy selling it has no licence I think you may have your man.

I have keeping my eye on the trading sites.
Hoping they are that are dumb.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I'm very careful about who knows where I live or what I keep there. I had a sale fall through because they thought I was untrustworthy for not letting them come to my house. Might have been one of those dodgy people trying to case the place for all I know. Their loss anyway, with a waiting list it's easy to say no to someone who insists on coming to your house.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope that in some way the scumbags get what they deserve.
cant they see where you live on your license?

Not if you black it out, I just give my area as do most people. I also tell them do do the same.

For NSW transactions it is not a requirement to give out your full address, only the Suburb and Postcode are required.

That sucks mate. Bit of a worry considering I live in the hunter as well. Luckily I have a dog that would stop them getting anywhere near the house.

They don't seem to mind if you just give the area. After all they have your name, licence number and area on file so I don't see how it makes a difference to the powers that be provided you give all the other information to the buyer the licensing body can see who you are and where exactly you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back