Water Dragon Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, ok cool. This will be awesome!
No I meant at the bottom where you have some space left next to the tank i thought you might needed a lip there to keep the substrate in the enclosure itself when you open the doors?
Are you going for sliding or swinging doors?

That's where the filter and stuff is going to go. It won't actually be part of the enclosure. At least, I can't figure out how to make it work

Jannico, are you talking about the fish tank being hard to clean? Cause the plan is to have it on casters that will allow it to be rolled out of the enclosure to be cleaned.
The ramp is to allow the young turtles to get up out of the water to bask. Also to allow the dragon to exit the water easily
Advise against the aquarium being removable, the weight of the water, the fact that any sudden movement with the castors sticking will quickly spill litres and litres of water. It would be a lot of problems and headaches and i'd hate to see you ripping your hair out in frustration because you cant overcome the difficulties.

I always find, the more movable parts there is to contend with the harder it is to maintain, they look great when first set up and for a few months but then the impracticality of it takes it's toll and you will most likely be looking for something simpler. I love the idea, It's just that when you try to fit more in, things have a way of screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back