Water dragon found

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathando2010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI all, A while back i found a water dragon at a lake in a valley between greenvale and meadow heights (basically broadmeadows) in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. I lived in the area for 17 years and had only ever seen that one before and the area i found it in was being developed so it was uninhabited by humans... the lake was also new aswell. it was around 35 - 40 cm long and looked exactly like the picture i have attached. I was just wondering how it could've got their because i doubt they are native to the area.
4761164700_d698860fd5.jpg

It's an Eastern Water Dragon and no, it's most certainly not in it's natural range.

yeah it was wierd because i found it at a brand new lake in an area were houses were being built... is it possible the council put some there?

yeah it was wierd because i found it at a brand new lake in an area were houses were being built... is it possible the council put some there?

Mate I doubt the council would of put them there especially since they are not normally found there.
Good chance somebody has dropped him off there since there is a man made lake, they would think that he will be alright or just maybe some has lost him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back