water dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bencrowe

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys just want your opinions on feeding your EWD canned dog food.

I wouldn't that **** isn't good for your dog can't imagine what it does to lizards.

I feed my two 6 month old woodies and the odd pinky rat or fuzzy mouse

I have heard people feeding their blue tongues a little bit of canned dog food mixed in with veggies and fruit, as it is a good source of protien. And if you have owned a blue tongue they are picky on what they eat so by mixing it in with other good suff that they wouldn't like to eat helps them eat it. So i dont think it would harm your EWD at all, but dont give it to much as it is very fatty.

I'm with Kronik. Depends a bit on what kind of dog food you're planning on feeding him, but either way, unless you're using it to get him to eat other stuff, I wouldn't. I use the occasional tin of science diet to give mine their greens (finely chopped and mixed together), otherwise they won't touch them.
But generally speaking, dog food's bloody awful. it's got all the nutrition of tinned cardboard.

My beardie goes NUTS over kangaroo mince - from the fridge at most supermarkets.

regards,
Lockie

Just canned dog food on its own will give them the runs! Only use it if you have to scent other foods with it, veggies etc. and even then only use a tiny bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back