water python holds on for its life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a water python more like a scared of water python. poor snakes i wonder what sort of toll this will take on wild eggs and breeding

Is it not unusual for a Water Python to be in that area? I'm assuming photo was taken in the maybe Toowoomba/Lockyer area etc?

Made me wonder if it had come from someone's collection :(

Saw this on the abc site makes me sad thinking of all the wildlife (All amimals) effected by floods, id say it is going to wipe out alot of them. :(

Is there anyone helping the wild reptiles at all?
I'd help but I'm in NT.

I spoke to my mum and she said there was a python that cot cooked after finding refuge under the bonnet of a car. :( So if everyone checks there vehicles before evacuating for any hitch hikers you will be helping them dramatically. and maybe release in higher ground or take them in till after the floods...

so many sad stories coming out of qld atm,.... :(

Yeah its sad but there are people helping out the animals. I read about a guy who risked himself to save a kangaroo from the water, had pictures too so it was real

Really feeling for the wildlife at the moment but...this photo was actually taken in the north QLD floods at the start of 2010 up around the Cape, it has been on the net for 12 months. My son has referred to it a few times last for school stuff.
Really wishing I could be somewhere helping all the wildlife that is going to be coming in, feel so helpless.

this photo was actually taken in the north QLD floods at the start of 2010 up around the Cape, it has been on the net for 12 months

That answers the question. Thanks for that :)

oh ok didn't know that..took it from facebook so I presumed it was from these floods.

still makes you wonder about the wildlife though especially what type of impact will these floods have on this seasons reptile breeding and the eggs that would of been ready to hatch soon etc.

still makes you wonder about the wildlife though especially what type of impact will these floods have on this seasons reptile breeding and the eggs that would of been ready to hatch soon etc.

Yes, it does :cry:
It would have been the same in the fires in Victoria.
I know the loss of life is the worst, but I do think about the poor animals as well

Speaking with another wildlife career today from out in the sticks & they said alot of reptiles are coming in with respiratory problems, we haven't had any but most of the locals round here kill anything that moves so we don't get alot of reps. Living out in the centre of QLD we are not used to too much moister. So it sounds like it is having an effect on the established population as well as the eggs/hatchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back