Water Python Identification Help Needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo0797

Reaction score
Hello,

I produced these babies and the adults were sold to me as Northern Territory Australian Water Pythons. These babies are all jet black with a solid gray underbelly.

Do these look like anything Australian to you guys? A picture is included.

Regards,
Shawn

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 225
I'd wait for the hatchlings to have a shed or two before worrying too much. Like most snakes I'm sure they go through a bit of a colour change with their first few sheds.

I can't help you with an ID as I probably know less about fuscus localities than anyone here! I do have a quick question though for the keeper's in the know-how! What are the morphological differences between NT and QLD fuscus? If any?!
To the OP: sorry for the hijack and also, great looking hatchies!

My N.T's had a brighter orange belly compared to my QLD's lemon yellow, and more attitude. The N.T's were a darker grey overall, some almost black in appearance.

The NT Water Pythons are usually darker in belly colour, where as the QLD ones have that beautiful yellow tummy :D
Its still a bit early to tell, as Chantelle said before its best to wait until they've had their first shed.

I would say more likely to be true mackloti or savu's...normal hatchling Australian fuscus have a yellow or orange ventral surface.

Cheers,
Scott

I would say more likely to be true mackloti or savu's...normal hatchling Australian fuscus have a yellow or orange ventral surface.

Cheers,
Scott

Aren't hatchling savuensis born orange?!

Jim,

Yeah you are right, sorry I was thinking of the Timor/Lesser Sunda sp not the pop from Sawu.

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back