Water Python size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boidae

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what the average size (length and girth) of a full grown female Water Python is.
Dave :D

from what i have found out they don't get as big as Olives but there should be more info around?

2 meters+ but thats just what i read. i dont own one so im only as good as the info that guides me lol :)

I've read they can reach 3 meters, but on average they're usually 2 meters.

From the ones I've seen I'd say the average is 2m-2.5m
Not incredibly long but it is a fat snake so it looks big.

Ive seen several in captivity well over 2m, (dont hold me to it but these guys where thumpers)

The biggest I have ever seen was one night herping, this animal was gigantic, I nearly drove past it thinking it was a log, no pictures where taken unfortuanly as it was ******* down and I wasnt gunna get my slr wet :p

Thanks for replying guys :)
Awesome 2.5m is pretty descent :D

I had 2yr olds once that went close to 2m and arounf 75mm thick. That was witout scarfing.

i think 7ft to 8ft would b average for an adult female (4yrs +) n 5 to 6ft for a boy.
my big girl would b close to 9ft n she is over 10yrs old

I have one female 9 feet the other is 7 feet They are both about 14 inches round One good to handle one not so good

Awesome thanks guys, those are some pretty big waters :D
wow 14 inches around thats huge :O
Whats 'scarfing' Garthy?

i have a yearling water python and i heard they grow to about 2 to 3 meters and very fat.

Collating everything I've found about them on the net and forming my own conclusion: Males waters average 2 meters, females 3 meters, that's average, not max. Girth would be reliant on feeding I would imagine (as would length but to a lesser degree). My 4 month old is well over 600mm already. Probably somewhere in between a ten cent and twenty cent piece in diameter at a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back