Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan09

Reaction score
hey guys,

was just sitting here playin a game of cribbage on the internet thinking about the mertens water dragon and there enclosure im going to build and was thinking about the care for them whats its going to take, how much effort they are how big they get etc. the normal stuff before u get a animal

BUT im going to state the 2 most obvious things before i continue:
1: there sub aquatic wich means they LOVE water, cant get any more obvious lol
2: yes you can! u need water in there enclosure :D lmao

so in saying this i thought, well do they like there water hotter than the enclosure or cooler than the enclosure (im guessing cooler) if so what temp? room/tap temp?

because im going to install a pond at the botom wich will be sump filterd (for those who know what that is) and it will be Tempurate regulated (heater in sump filter). much like a large aquarium would be.

so anyone know ruffley what temp, if no one says so im just go for tap temp, mid 20's i guess
anything tips hints etc for doing this?

thanks heaps, nathan

mertens water monitor or eastern water dragon two different lizards

i saw one mertens water monitor at australia zoo it was over 1m long

no mertens water monitors, i dont think i said anything about water dragons lol, and yes there a monitor they get quiet big :D

my apologies, oi said mertens water dragon at the strat, my bad, i mean mertens water monitors. ;)

1.5m (either round or square) so its still big enough when there full grown. as youngins, itl only be full enough for them, and make it deeper as they grow

lol. yeah they can get up to 1m long. id still suggest that 1.5 meters my be a little small for them as adults. id be inclined to go for a 2 even 3m pond as they are sub-aquatic

2m wide (square but probley round) and 0.5m deep?, may only get 1 monitor but if i get a pair is this big enough u recon?

maybe.
the extra 50cm is perfect for 1
maybe 2 donno.
can anyone else shed some light on the situation

hmm, yea im thinking probley only get one at this stage, its going to be some work let alone 2, can always get another to try breed with down the track, but yea 2m round (diameter) pool, 0.5m deep (for when his an adult) should be ok i recon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back