wats this little fells

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stringbean

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what this little sucker is.
i saw it yesterday walking near my house, so today i tried the same spot again and there it was, so i took a pic for you all to see.
its also quite a lot redder than it looks in the pic

Attachments

• DSC02896.jpg
    DSC02896.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 326
An earless dragon species (Tympanocryptis sp.) would be my guess where was it found?

The pattern on its back don't really look like a jacky dragon (or not the ones round my part of the woods)

Possibly a Mountain Heath Dragon Rankina diemensis. Where abouts was the picture taken. Nearest town or goegrahical feature.

well no tympanocrptis live any where near your location and its no jacky.

photos can make it hard but the good ole TOMMY ROUND HEAD
they extend down to top of NSW along coast and are reddy in colour
otherwise NOBBI dragons look like that but arent red in colour

you should have caught it and got a better photo:Dand opened its mouth to see what the colour of its mouth lining

Last edited:
well no tympanocrptis live any where near your location and its no jacky.

photos can make it hard but the good ole TOMMY ROUND HEAD
they extend down to top of NSW along coast and are reddy in colour
otherwise NOBBI dragons look like that but arent red in colour

you should have caught it and got a better photo:Dand opened its mouth to see what the colour of its mouth lining

I swear we have seen something like that TRH in Sydney recently from the description??
It wasonly a youngen' a browny colour but the head and tail markings we a deep redish brown colour.
Sitting away from the nearby lizards, jackys, nobbys (maybe because of its red hair? :) )

well mountain dragons dont live anywhere near the location of this fellow in just south of brisbane
and mountain dragons look like this
Tymdie.JPG

ye i live south of brisbane, its was taken in small patch of bush near my house. i though it looked like a small beardie but with skin more like skinks, very smooth. its neathier of the dragons snake pimp mentioned above, much smoother.

ye i live south of brisbane, its was taken in small patch of bush near my house. i though it looked like a small beardie but with skin more like skinks, very smooth. its neathier of the dragons snake pimp mentioned above, much smoother.

thats a pic of a mountain dragon i included as an example of what not this dragon is,
they live no where near your location.

i dont have a decent pic of a tommy roundhead

so if its there again pick it up and have a better look at it
and take another pic:D

I now think its probably a tommy round head :? looks very fat though and never seen any that colour (not that i have seen very many).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back