WBD Sore on Mouth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaide03

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that my western bearded dragon has a sore on her mouth, it is not weeping or has pus on it, just a scab looking sore and every now and then she may rub it. does anyone have any ideas?

whats she being kept in? its quite common for them to rub their noses on cages....

She is being kept in a glass enclosure with 2 other dragons. The enclosure has fake backing on it.

wash what with mouth wash? The sore is actually on the outside of her mouth not in it.

you can dab a bit of diluted betadine on it,...but being around the mouth she might lick @ it, so try and keep it out of tongue reach,...
one of mine hurt her lip when i had the rabbit hutch fro them as an outdoor enclosure, she kept pressing her face against the wire, (so i got rid of it) i dont know how she'd hurt herself on smooth glass walls though,...

Thanks chris1, I will try that. I also have noticed that the other female also has a tiny sore on her mouth and that was how the other female first started and the sore spread. I thought it was because I bought a new male a few months ago and he is very rough on the females and a bully. Is it possible that he could be hurting them?

yeah, males will hurt them, if you see him being rough with them you might want to house him seperately and only put them together fro breeding purposes.

Chubs sore started spreading when she kept rubbing it open again, but the diluted betadine stopped the spread.

another thought i just had, are there any stray crickets in their tank?
maybe the crickets are nibbling @ the dragons while they sleep,..!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back