Western Bearded Dragon Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman69

Reaction score
Hello ,

Id firstly just like to say hello as I am new here.

I am after some advise for my 2 new baby bearded dragons. I only got them 2 days ago and don't have any previous experience with reptiles.

I have a few queries, firstly one of them is a bit smaller than the other and doesn't appear to be eating when I put crickets in their enclosure, while the other one jumps down and eats lots. Is their anything I can do to help it? or is it just not hungry? it does look skinny compared to the other one.

The second one is I currently don't have any heating at night. The temp in the enclosure gets to about 20 degrees at night possibly colder. Should I supply heating for them at night? and what temperature should it be set to?

Thanks for your help and any comments are appreciated

You dont need any heating at night, 20 is more than fine.

For the feeding problem try feeding them separate, this will insure the big one is not eating all the food ;)

thanks for your advice guys. I also wanted to ask what other insects I can feed the younglings other than crickets?

woodies are good but they have to be small ones of course and really there arent many other than that other than hoppers and meallies wax w's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back