• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does any one on the site here breed western beardies???

i dont but am after some if you breed them i was calling people in WA today to find some if you can helpme out please contact of list
Mick

im actually tryin to find me some females to mate with me males...if i find anyone i'll be sure to let ya know...

mine are minor minor...what is actually the diff?

btw, i found this on the net...now im confused:

Pogona Vitticeps: The inland bearded dragon, and most common pet animal. This reptile is found in the interior of Australia, in every territory save Western Australia. For the genus this species is on the larger side, averaging between seven and eight inches (18-20cm).
Pogona Mitchelli: Also known as Mitchell's bearded dragon, this species is found in the interior of the Northern Territory and the north end of Western Australia, including a large range in the Great Sandy Desert. P. mitchelli is the smallest of the bearded dragons, averaging only five and a half inches (14cm). The most prominent feature of P. mitchelli are its large conical head spikes, which are not seen on any other species.
Pogona Minor: Also known as the Dwarf bearded dragon, P. minor is found throughout the Great Sandy Desert. There is some speculation that P. Michelli is simply a sub-species of the Dwarf dragon. The Dwarf lizard can has very short legs and a short tail, making it easily distinguished from its counterparts.
Pogona Barbata: This bearded dragon is found along the entire east coast of Australia, and is by far the largest of these fascinating lizards. Specimens commonly exceed eight inches (20cm) in length, and unlike other Pogona will often feed on other, smaller lizards.
Pogona Microlepidota: The small-scaled bearded dragon is found only in a tiny region of northern Western Australia. Its scales and spikes are noticeably smaller than those found on other Pogona, and its primary habitat is woodland.
Pogona Henrylawsoni: Also known as Lawson's bearded dragon (a name well alluded to in its specie title), the full extent of P. henrylawsoni is not known, but it has been identified as inhabiting most of Queensland and parts of the Northern Territory. The beard which gives these lizards their name is most pronounced in P. henrylawsoni, and they are the second most common pet dragons.
Pogona Minima: The Western bearded dragon is found on the south-west coast and interior of Western Australia. It lives mostly in woodland environments, though its range includes coastal dunes and desert as well.
Pogona Nullabor: The Nullabor bearded dragon is another rather rare species, found only in a small strip of southern Western and South Australia. It is easily distinguished by large white stripes along its back and pronounced spines on its side. P. nullabor is almost never found as a pet, due to its resistance to breeding in captivity and relative rarity in the wild.

i have been told that Pogona Minor is a western Bearded, but mine aint got a small tail or short legs, and mine is 31 cm and only about 15 months old

email sent mate, your obviously the owner...do you have a website? thanx for ya help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back