What a mess!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Quite a heavy load for the poor old fella

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8926-1.jpg

looking rather relieved
IMG_8929.jpg

far out mate well done was he at your place? looks like he chose the right backyard to come into tweezers and some care rather than a shovel beautiful snake to

WOW! I never realised how white my knees are
I need to get some sun on them things

I done a job at a flying fox colony and found him there! dunno if its the humidity or the wet but the ticks are rife here at the moment and the area I found him has a good population of bandicoot's I found another within 10m of that one that didnt have a single tick on it

Those ticks are HUGE! Excellent work Josh.

its amazing how something a few kilos can handle all those ticks, if it were a human or a dog it would be very sick or dead

they dont tend to have the same effect on native animals as they do to us imports

Why can snakes deal with so many tics?
Is it only pythons? Or can colubrids, elapids, file snakes and blind snakes withstand them as well?
Would that have eventually succumbed to the tics or just soldiered on till the next shed?
Anyone?
Links?
Papers?

Why can snakes deal with so many tics?
Is it only pythons? Or can colubrids, elapids, file snakes and blind snakes withstand them as well?
Would that have eventually succumbed to the tics or just soldiered on till the next shed?
Anyone?
Links?
Papers?

good points also would it be able to shed? i ask this as the ticks would be between scales

Wow...thats kind of a bit sickening :( Poor bugger!
Good job pulling them all off.

those are ticks? are they massive for a tick or what? I've never seen them.

awww poor thing!
glad to see him/her all tick free now :) it must feel much better
good job farma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back