What do you call your grandparents?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I have an odd question for you all
Being a new mum my parents are excited but dont no what to be called
beacause...
i still have my great grandparents etc still alive so i have a
Oma, Pop, Grandpa, Nanna, Grandma, and then my god mums parents are like a 2nd lot of grandparents to me and they are Yiayia Pappou

and i dont want him to have two people who are both grandma or two people who are both nana etc

so what do u call ur grandparents??

(in this book there was Kibibi which ment short fat woman and me and mum had a joke saying ok thats what hes going to call u, so if no one thinks of anything better shes stuck with that lol)

My kids called my parents Ma and Pa, coz when they were little they couldn't say...grandma or grandpa. I'm grandma to my grandsons. My hubby is grandad to his grandkids....other "grandparent" names that have been in my family are....little grannie, grandpop, nanna (which I HATE with a passion, but I don't get called it) grumps, gramps

I don't have any grandparents :(
the last on died 11 yrs ago, can't even remember her. Never met the others either.

well i call my grandparents........dead

but my kids have nanna & poppy(4 my parents)

grandma & grandad(4 their mothers parents)

nan & pa(4 my partners parents)

if we EVER called my nanna...... nanni....we'd get belted,cause "i'm not a female goat" she'd say lol

My 5yo Boy...calls one set of parents.. Poppy and Grandma.... The other Grandad and Grandma....

Thats how he used to differentiate between them....

He know ask's when talking about Grandma... " Your mum , or Mum's Mum?"........LOL

nanna pronounced nun-na and nannu pronounced nun uh ...btw this is in maltese. Sometimes nann in short.

-Will

My mum is Bam-ma cause the kids couldnt say Grandma and Bamma stuck, my dad is Grumpy, but is the furthest thing from it !

I called mine Ganga (grandma) and Bakar(grandad), no idea where it came from. It's just what we did.

my old man gets "grumps", though I must admit he is not as gruff as he was before i became a father.
the missus father insists on being called "pop-oh"???

I had this problem when my son was born...my dad decided he wanted to be called god! I told him that he could teach him that and Id teach him that grandpa was dyslexic :lol:
When I was little I called my great grandmother 'Da' but apparently thats cause when my uncle was little she used to call him darling and he couldnt say it so she got da and it just stuck. My neice has a grammy and grumpy.

Pa and Nanny, when they were alive. My niece calls my mum Nanny and my dad was Grandad

i call mine nana & rod (because he's my step-grandad, and thats his name, go figure lol) and my mums dad is pop...
and i can only recall meeting my dad's parents once... when i was little and i have only seen them that one time, so they didnt really get called anything....

I cant really type what my dad wants domanic to call him, but i cant hint.. "Old C" Hahaha this kid is doomed

We have so many. My son calls my grandparents Grandma and Grandfather (my dads parents) Pa and Nan (my mums dad and step mum), old nan (my mums mum), and then there is Poppy (my dad) and nanna (my mum).

I'm not sure Mum's mum likes Old Nan but I find it really funny every time he says it :)

Dads parents are Grandman and Grandpa, my great grandma is Grannie, my mums mum is Nana :) and I am Jordo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back