What else do you keep in with your turtle/s??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uh.. no.

its legal, and breeders and pet stores sell both yabbies, and fish bred to be fed to turtles and large fish.

rats/mice/birds/rabbits are different.
just because thie alive when you buy them dosent mean that their fed alive. maybe they have been co2 gased before feeding

I keep dragons and various fish with mine, goannas (even of similar size) are a bad idea, as are venomous fish. Most fish are fine with short necks. Basically you can keep heaps of aquatic animals with turtles, you just need to have knowledge of the animals you are dealing with.

You also face up to a years jail for live feeding shrimps or fish so i wouldnt reccomend that, even though if it was legal it would be a practical and benificial way of feeding them.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're joking right?

its awesome to feed them live fish, they love it and its good for them

they are called feeder fish

d**khead :rolleyes:

if anyone can find legislation to say its illegal i will eat my words (as long as they are dead)

if anyone can find legislation to say its illegal i will eat my words (as long as they are dead)

Ha! Good one, you've made my day!

Not taking sides, i have also been told that it is illegal to feed a live vertebrate to another animal. But then it is weird that pet shops happily sell you 'feeder fish' for your turtles, snakes and oscars. But still, they don't have in large red writting on the tank "must be fed to your pet alive". They probably suggest to feed them dead coz that's the law but they don't really enforce it. I remember a while ago they were called 'bait fish'. Anyone know why? Fishermen?

Ah! I just remembered! In the Qld Code of Practice for reptile husbandry is states that live fish can be placed into GTS water bowls if they will not take dead food. So what the?

Ha! Good one, you've made my day!

Not taking sides, i have also been told that it is illegal to feed a live vertebrate to another animal. But then it is weird that pet shops happily sell you 'feeder fish' for your turtles, snakes and oscars. But still, they don't have in large red writting on the tank "must be fed to your pet alive". They probably suggest to feed them dead coz that's the law but they don't really enforce it. I remember a while ago they were called 'bait fish'. Anyone know why? Fishermen?

Ah! I just remembered! In the Qld Code of Practice for reptile husbandry is states that live fish can be placed into GTS water bowls if they will not take dead food. So what the?

Not getting into the argument here as I have no idea in regards to fish, but petshops also sell live feeder rodents to people when they damn well know they are gunna be fed live anyway.. I know THAT is illegal yet it is still done.

You are allowed to feed live only if the well being of the animal is in danger and won't accept prekilled food.

i had a goldfish with my murray short neck and he ate it and than had a koi fish with him, and it ate him aswell

i have a whole range of natives and americans in with my turtles due to two of tanks cracking...there are 4 turtles and about 15 fish, haven lost one yet, jus gotta keep the turtles full :)

i throw in some ALIVE feeder goldies and gudgeons every fortnight to keep them all happy, they will polish off 12 in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back