What funny things do your snakes do or have they done?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
They all have thier own personality and get up to some crazy stuff. Do yours, or one of yours in particular have any funny/unusual habits? Do funny things or have done something unusual?

My lot got fed the other night, my MDP (about 5 months old, 550mm) snatched his rat pinkie nearly taking my arm with it (as usual) he grabbed the pinkie in the middle of its back. I thought he would fiddle with it til he found the pointy bit to start eating.... but he didnt! He just persevered and managed to swallow it bent in half :shock: The funny thing was tho, just as he got it all in his mouth, he looked up at me as if to say 'wot are you lookin' at' but it really looked like he was smiling.... mouth slightly open, pinkies tail sticking out of the corner of his mouth (like a bovver boy with a toothpick in the corner of his mouth) I laughed my head off :lol:

So so true about their personalities.
If i take too long to give him his food he will sit there and open and close his mouth as if to say 'hurry up, i am hungry' - i know in reality he is probably just stretching his mouth in anticipation but it looks cute :)

doris always snatches her fuzzy backwards or sideways and after 15 mins of trying to eat lets go, looks up and me and you know she is thinking you gave me a crap mouse.. this one doesnt fit??

Where to start?

My womas are a constant source of *******?

They're my favorites because of their sheer entertainment value.

lol my childrens seem to like pushing their mouse a full lap around his enclosure before he eats it

I was watching my Jungly Hatchy Pandora when I was about to feed her(in her inclosure)she had her head out one end of her stump and her tail out the other, as I dangled fuzzy mouse over to her, her tail started waggling it was so funny. Last night my 2 coastals started yawning in sync it went on for a few minutes, it gave me a good laugh :D

Mine eat, sleep, poo, shed and slither around. Oooooooo they occasionally drink too!

Entertainment value = nil, but I still love em :D

my adult jungle grabbed a jumbo rat along the middle of its body, didn bother to constrict it at all, and proceeded to eat it... it bent in half and went down as a big lump, he seemed quite happy with himself... probably thinking 'ill MAKE it fit!!!' like most men............lol

My Barrie is funny. One of his hides is a PVC tube, which is his favourite, and just outside it I've got a rock, which is just there to give him some texture and possibly help him when he sheds. He often pokes his head out of the tube and just lays it on the rock, sort of resting his chin....and seems to go to sleep. I can't imagine a rough old rock to be a very comfy pillow but he seems to like it.

Yea AMS05, a mate down the road has a big (3.5m) pair of centralians and one did that, bent a jumbo in half.... only it popped :shock: Poor michael had to clean rat off the inside of the enclosure, glass, walls & ceiling :oops: He was less than impressed.

grannyannie, yes, my spotteds tend to rest thier chins on rocks too.... I keep telling them they will get a crink in thier neck, it looks so uncomfortable. Obviously they are happy resting and waiting (hoping) for a snack :)

Crystal, mine tend to yawn a fair bit too (hard work being a snake).... I always try to get a look and check for any possible problems if I see them do it. Easy to see how they can swallow big food items when you see them yawn (bottomless pit!) Would have been funny watching them both doing it.... it must be contageous like it is for us.

A pile of my snakes take a dive under my clothing at the first chance - luckily the bigger ones don't try!

one of mine often rubs his face on the glass of his enclousure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back