What Gecko is this??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the best i have been able to take....they have different tails to phyllurus..i assume you mean phyllurus platurus?? the sydney leaf tail???

cant reall y see the tail....any better photo's like a close up

Yeah definately leseurii. I don't know how that could be confused with any phyllurus?? :?:

Let's play nicely kids...my pics are as poor as my identification skills
I will post some more pics this afternoon after work. I can't take very good photos up close and the little buggers seldom stay still.

Austrelaps said:
Yeah definately leseurii. I don't know how that could be confused with any phyllurus?? :?:

Well come over to my computer and see what I see before??????? me, on my computer all I can see is a gray blur that looks like it has spikey skin...

What makes you say it's a Oedure is because it has rostral and mental shields rounded, Labials larger than adjacent scales. Postmental enlarged. Digits moderately long, depressed, moderately expanded distally to form a distinct pad, a greatly enlarged pair of apical subdigital lamellae, with a series of enlarged transverse lamellae, didvided distally, single proximally, digits lying flat on subdtrate when viewd taterally, all digits clawed small, retractile and lying between the enlarged apical lamerallae, preanal pore present...

:)

A syou can see ??? after my second go...wouldnt say "ITS A WHAT EVER" definately if I cant see the animal properly.

more pics

here is a better pic..apologies again to the cameraphiles

RE: more pics

Looks like a marble Gecko in the bottom pic. Christinus marmoratus?

Sorry if I offended you, its true I don't know what you can see. From what I can see though, there are very obvious signs which point to Oedura leseurii... Almost nothing like Phyllurus: tail shape is way off, colour and pattern is way off.
The last few pics are, without doubt, Oedura leseurii.

What makes you say it's a Oedure is because it has rostral and mental shields rounded, Labials larger than adjacent scales. Postmental enlarged. Digits moderately long, depressed, moderately expanded distally to form a distinct pad, a greatly enlarged pair of apical subdigital lamellae, with a series of enlarged transverse lamellae, didvided distally, single proximally, digits lying flat on subdtrate when viewd taterally, all digits clawed small, retractile and lying between the enlarged apical lamerallae, preanal pore present...

Geez mate, I think its awesome that you need the above information to identify a leseurs velvet gecko! :roll: Thanks for sharing...

The first pic was of bad quality and imposible to positivly identify, the second lot of pics were a lot better

yep oedura leseurii......no worries Austrelaps happy to share...and by the way thats the classification keys to all Oedura, not just leseuri....lmao

Given that they are obviously in an enclosure I am surprised that their exact name and specis code isn't known to their owner.

good point jenny...perhaps he was ripped off and they told him they were a different animal when he paid his dollars

Here is a couple of pics of 1 of my Lesuer's velvet geckos. And the ones in your pics look very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back