What instrument/s do you play?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only musical instrument worth playing, is the jewish piano. i absolutely love the sound.

I know its corny but i play the recorder. Although its the worst sounding, annoying wind instrument out there, it taught me to read & write music. So, guess thats a bonus. Have a real "thing" 4 the Bass Guitar. Man, would love to learn 1 day but that would take focus & patience. Something i dont have a lot of.

mattdadrma - awesome kit!!!!! what type of wood is in the drums? and what sizes are the tom-toms?

Its an older model Pearl Forum in Fusion sizes. So toms sizes are 10",12",14".. think the wood is birch since its a lower end kit.. I'm not quite sure.

I played classical guitar for 8 years, but I haven't really touched it since finishing my TEEs (HAVING to play it for 1.5 hours every night to pass your exams kinda ruins it for you a bit!), and I played bass and sung in a few bands in Perth after I left school, and played classical guitar for the Western Australian Mandolin Orchestra for a few years before I moved to Melbourne. I don't do anything musical anymore because work has taken over my life.

I used to sing a fair bit when I was younger - tried to learn piano but sucked due to my short stubby fingers lmao

My sis is pretty good though - she sings, plays guitar, piano, writes songs etc.
Here is her latest http://www.musicoz.org/gemmawood1 (I'll give her a bit of a plug LOL ;))

I play guitar (acoustic and electric) I've been playing for 12 years. I played the trumpet for 5 years then stopped to concentrate more on guitar. I also play the didgeridoo and have just taken up the banjo. I can play some harmonica, piano and drums.
I play in a band doing covers and originals. Haven't recorded anything. I play lead guitar and sing.

I own a Baritone saxophone, piano, recorders, Fife and Violin. I have played in Jazz and Dixie bands in Highschool and for a couple of years out of school but haven't played in a group in years. I have also played (in cometition band level) drums, bass, trumpet, alto & tenor sax, flute, oboe & clarinet. I have played since the age of 10 :)

I used to play alto sax and I have a much loved (but sadly, neglected) 'cello sitting in the wardrobe.... should really get it out and have a bash one of these days.

instrument

ive been playing guitar for about twenty years now no more band stuff though and i also play the fool pretty good

i have been playing the bass for about 9 months now, not that good though, but the buety of it is, that i get paid ounce a week to practice for 2 hours and also get to play at gigs with the work band. i have played at various different events locally and out of town. Guess what work pays me to do this also. next weekend i will travel to horsham to play at the Awakenings Festival, all costs paid for, got to love it. i work in the disability field and we have a band at work called "The Trevolta's", this program is to encourage and develope skills of people with disibilities in arts and music, the guys have written 5 origanal songs in the last 4 years, and we do about 20 covers also ranging from classic rock to punk. here is a pic of us playing at North Melbourne Town Hall.
club wild.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back