What is this called and where to I buy it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chondrobsessed

Reaction score
I've got these on my current enclosure and want to use them for my new build but no idea what they are called of where to get them. They are really useful for running leads out of the enclosure.
Thingo.jpg
Thanks!

I know the round ones are referred to as a cord hole grommet.
I enjoyed the file name on your picture example.

I've got these on my current enclosure and want to use them for my new build but no idea what they are called of where to get them. They are really useful for running leads out of the enclosure.
View attachment 275564
Thanks!

If you cant get that exact fitting I use the raw MDF 'coasters' that Bunnings sell in the craft area. Its pretty much just a neatly cut piece of 3mm MDF that can be sprayed whatever colour and have a corner notched out.

If all else fails take phone with photo and say "I would like one of these please!" They understand photos more so than names.

Computer cable grommets is probably best. The brown thing looks like the back of an electrical junction box.

- - - Updated - - -

The other option is to trace one of your old ones on a thin bit of melamine and make your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
These computer table Grommets work fine...just silicone the outside as people have had them pop out then the snake tends to POP out for a bit lol

Or insert it from the inside so the snake pushes against it and it can't pop out. 8) I would also put a locking screw through it so that once you have it closed up on the cable it cant accidentally widen again and give an escape route... Having said that I would just make a cover plate out of melamine or ply.

Just cut the plugs off whatever u r using drill a hole big enough to just squeez the cord thru and wire up a new plug , $2.50 at where else but our faithful Bunnings , they come with instructions very easy. Dont quote me on it do your own research but I'm sure u don't have to be a licenced sparky to fit a new plug.

Yea cheapest would be to cut a piece of plastic to fit. If you want a " professional " finish go to bunnings or an electrical wholesaler. They should be able to help you. By the way I think that you do have to be licensed to fit off a plug. You have to be licensed to do just about anything with 240v wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back