What is this PETA business?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrais

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been hearing about all this PETA animal rights stuff from these group of people that support it, apparently its for only TRUE animal lovers :rolleyes:
Anyways, i've been hearing stuff about it like there making people become vego's casue they think that slaughtering animals for human consumption is cruel? wht the hell? and that killing any animal eg: shooting feral animals) is cruel? i am really confused here, casue i am a really strong animal lover, and love any creature (except millipedes (they serve no known purpose on this planet apart from being very annoying on wet camping trips) and im not a vego, i fact i prefer meat more than vege's :D, and i know how animals are killed in order to be my bacon sandwich, AND i strongly beleive that killing feral animals in australia is the right thing to do, well i've been pig hunting a couple of times, and yes i've seen how cruel it can be if the animal is shot in the leg or any other place that can't kill it and casue sever pain, but in the end of the day, one less pig in australia, or one less fox is helping our enviroment cope better with the invasion of these pest. If we get rid of almost all the feral pigs or foxes in AUSTRALIA its not like they're going to go extinct, there's plenty of foxes in england and europe, and don't get me started how many pigs there are in the world. So what is all this PETA noncence?
And i've been aparently told by someone over the internet who sent me a campain to join PETA that is was a " heartless inhumane person, that thought i was an animal lover when actually i am killing them,"???
don't people these day have nothing better to do that email rude comments to 13 yr olds?
thanks
Andrea

I HATE PETA.
They have their own large cool room for the animals they personally slaughter.
They are a bunch hipocrites & weak minded fools lead by a 2 faced money hungry errr female :p

Do a search on PETA and read some stats and facts about them.
You will soon learn that most of the animals they get their hands on are euthanised and teh only time an animal is saved is if there is money to be made. There was also a doco on teh founder awhile ago that showed what goes on behind the scenes (disturbing & disgusting). Animal lovers...my backside... Take a look at this http://petakillsanimals.com/

Last edited:
Their heart is in the right place but I know organisations like that do go overboard. Some ppl, countries, are just down and outright cruel to animals and don't give a **** about the pain they cause. You only have to watch some of the video footage on PETA's website, even on youtube, to understand them. But rather than wasting their time and ppl's donations to pick on ppl who humanely euthanise animals for human consumption, or ppl who keep pets in cages, they need to put more effort into stopping China skinning animals alive, and circus's beating their animals to perform. That kind of stuff requires the likes of PETA. But how long have they been going for, yet cruelty still exists. They can't change the world, but they won't stop trying to.

Thanks chondro for the link, very interesting.
I didn't think that REAL animal lovers as they told me killed 21,000 animals a year just so they couldn't be bothered to find homes for them, some BS that is.

by the looks of the site chondogreen posted a link to, these people are complete loonys! ive just read their "lame responses" and they are!

its just another organisation telling you what to do and wanting your money.
P E T A
C U L T is more like it

PETA is just another group of right wing rat bags!
They do not think things out ratonally & are totally self seving.
I personally advocate animal rights, 100% for it.
BUT, there is a point where you have to look at it with a rational mind.
Introduced species that are feral (I am not including domestic pets in this) do not belong here in Australia & should be removed. Our native species are constantly under more & more pressure from these feral species, along with our progress & loss of habitat. Native species have not evolved with these animals & have no defenses against many of them. Just look at cane toads, mosquito fish, etc.
Should we not kill any animals & just leave feral animals to drive our native species closer to extinction?
If you believe PETA, the answer is yes, when anybody with a rational mind can usually come to the decision that it is better to sacrifice a few to save the majority, especially when the majority actually belongs here.
Gaz

PETA only kills animals to stop them from suffering, im not sure what we will do if they ever obtain a member with an IQ that allows them to figure out that animals suffer in nature.

They only way to eat a steak properly is blue. Charred on the outside and slightly warm in the middle.

Killing feral animals in this country should be mandatory. Goats, pigs, foxes, dogs, camels, donkey's, cats, carp, deer, corn snakes. If it was introduced it needs shooting as long as it is done humanely. The only things that should be left are feed animals, work animals, domestic animals owned by responsible owners.

Having said that, I have also seen the problems caused when there has been a population explosion and the animals suffering in times of drought and agree with culling.

Groups such as PETA have no clue when it comes to land and animal management as they live in the city and maybe spend a week in the bush. Why don't the spend 2yrs in the scrub working on a station. They'll soon change their POV.

PETA is great with publicity stunts, but the members need a reality check and to put some effort into thinking about what they do. For all of the carnivores out here, you will love this link! Have a ham sandwich while you watch! [video=youtube;OdcrEo1eCBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdcrEo1eCBY&feature=related[/video]

If PETA had their way we wouldn`t even be able to drink cows milk, in a statement they made, they said that we should be drinking human brest milk instead. :rolleyes:

PETA are freaks. They ran a campain on their website a few years ago teling people to boycott honey. There reasoning was that "Bees were being enslaved by humans to produce food'. They also think fishing should be banned, any form of animal ownership should be banned. Guide dogs should be banned as well as everyone should not be allowed to even drink milk, eat eggs etc.
They just recently attacked Obama because he swatted a fly.
They are crazy mo fo's and anyone who supports them is nothing but a stupid, ignorant fool.

Their heart is in the right place

i think this is somewhat true, yet, most of their members are hardcore nutcases.... its a shame that some people think that because you support animal rights you're automatically some sort of peta nut.
i cant even be bothered reading the stuff they send me anymore....

They just recently attacked Obama because he swatted a fly.

:lol: that was awesome ninja skills, im going to punch a fly just for PETA, actually every time i hear or read anything about peta i will punch an innocent fly (any flies that are guilty will not be brought to justice, only to increase the carnage :evil:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back