What is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol sorry i agree. i dont understand it either. what i meant to say was you were going off at the people who said it was a "ball python" or a "retic" (which was a lot of people - guessing) and so you thought that only those who knew what it was should reply. well because most people were only guessing this thread would be made up entirely of "true" comments. however because the original poster did not know what it was, there is no one except the actual owner who can certainly say without a doubt what it is and prove whoever said what it actually is correct. :shock::shock:hope that makes sense

That makes much more sense :D But I disagree. For the majority of snakes, identification is quite possible with photos. The difference between a retic, boa and ball python is very obvious, and those that recognise a boa will identify it as a boa. Am I making sense? For something like a hybrid, then I agree with you. In those cases, it really is only the owner (or the breeder) that knows what it is.

Except, of course, they are unaware that their information is incorrect, and hence they feel they are passing on the correct information.

Which is the whole problem. If people did a bit more research and didn't take everything they see on an internet forum as fact, then there wouldn't be an issue.

Im with Hodges on this one...definately a snake ....although i thinking not a keelback!

Thankyou all for your knowledgeable replies. My husband brought this photo home from a recent holiday to Victoria. Apparently a bloke he met and visited is the owner. He told me it was a Boa, which I didnt believe. But, as I have learned from this thread, it is, and I will appologise to him tomorrow for my accusation of lieing (sp?) Thanks again, and I agree it is a beautiful snake, and the owner should indeed get a cover for the light bulb. Cheers!

101_1748-1-1.jpg

It is a piece of tree next to a light globe , cant tell what the metal rectangle is with tha Boa in the way .

It´s 100% a Boa constrictor. I´m feeding them to my Ophiophagus all the time.

Looks like one of those farmed animals.. ugly
Whats it taste like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back