What is type of snake is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickiG

Reaction score
Hi

I am petrified of snakes, so when I find one in my garden I want to know what it is and is it harmful or not. This is the second juvenile we have found in the last 2 weeks. Please could someone tell me what it is.

Thanks

Nicki

Attachments

• DSC_4982.JPG
    DSC_4982.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_4983.JPG
    DSC_4983.JPG
    441.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_4985.JPG
    DSC_4985.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 232
That is a yellow faced whipsnake. Not dangerous but you will get a reaction if it bites you.

It looks dead in that pic? Did a cat get it?

Thanks for that - my husband found it at the bottom of the garden and brought it up. Not sure what got hold of it.

poor little guy,i wouldnt worry about whipsnakes,or any snakes,there fine if left alone :D

Hi there,

Nope it was not my hubby - he is not afraid,. he takes them back to the bush and lets them go away from the suburbs.

that didn't take long for nasty the finger pointing to start did it... nice find nickiG, good on you for looking up an ID and researching what is living around you.

Hi there,

Nope it was not my hubby - he is not afraid,. he takes them back to the bush and lets them go away from the suburbs.

He obviously didn't know what the snake was so it makes me wonder what other snakes he catches and takes back to the bush that he doesn't know what they are. Sounds potentially dangerous to me.

Hi there,

Its a yellow faced whip snake, and good on hubby for doing the right thing :thumbs up:

ide say a yellow face whip snake hit with a stick or attacked by a dog or cat tear drop under the eye is a dead giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back