what kinda frog?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli84

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all, was cleaning up a whole lot of rubbish around the house today and saw heaps of frogs, but being an idiot i didn't think to get the camera until all had just about left. so there is only one photo, this cute little brown one, there were also some green frogs with brown splotches and one that was a bone colour (but u will have to take my word for it).
if any one could ID this little guy i would appreciate it, he was found near ballarat vic.
there is also a pic of a huntsman (the MUCH bigger one ran of before i could shoot) and a pic of a yabby claw i found near our almost dry damn, it seemed big to me but i know nothing about yabbies.

Attachments

• resize frog.jpg
    resize frog.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 167
  • resize huntsman.jpg
    resize huntsman.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 125
  • yabby resize.jpg
    yabby resize.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 166
Can't offer you help on the froggy, if I was to guess I would say whistling frog of some description - but that's all it is - a guess! But what I wanted to say, nice pics... Love the huntsman and the frog... And yeah, that could be a yeti yabbi (haha... the big claw in the yabbie world)... JK

I hope you don't mind but I have posted your pic on www.frogs.org.au to get a id for you as I couldn't work it out from the vic frog key

http://frogs.org.au/frogs/key.html

I will let you know the i.d when someone gets back to me. If you want me to delete the pic from the frogs site let me know.
Oh and if you are happy for it to be on the frogs site can you send me a bigger pic?

Last edited:
The claw might be Marin . Freshwater crayfish . Very nice to eat but maybe not that one .

The claw is nothing like a Marron claw, the shape would suggest it's just from a common Yabby, Cherax destructor.

thanks meshe1969, i appreciate all the help.
looking at the pics on the link, i think your right. there were others that i didn't photograph which looked more like the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back