What lizard is easy to breed and people will buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would sell for less, wen i know the person can't afford it and will look after it really well. i don't care what its worth as long as it goes to a good home.
And I know you will look after it well? Do I, do I really?

Honestly I hope to breed many N.levis this year and I'd like to break even off them considering costs like low wattage electricity, caging and the animals (breed my own food), I think I can probably do it, but I only have N.levis cause they are pretty damn awesome geckos. :p

If you can't afford an extra $50 for it what hope do you have to afford any extra expenses if something goes wrong....

V.giganteus have held their value well over the years and when they do appear on the market are snapped up really quickly.

so what you's r saying is only the rich can own pets? well i may not be rich but i always keeps emergency money in a seperate account incase of an emergencey. e.g wen my dog broke her leg, she was treated straight away.

i breed pure breed amstaffs i have given at least 2 pups out of every litter away for free. and sold alot at less than half price. why cause the people who got them really wanted them and i knew they were gonna get well looked after. and i have seen quiet a few of these dogs months even years later and they are loved and cared for very well.

V.giganteus have held their value well over the years and when they do appear on the market are snapped up really quickly.

Totally agree. I wish more people bred perentie.

people get into lizards and breed them because they love them not to try and make a buck
If there was no money involved I doubt most people would pair animals up, there wouldn't be much reason too.

If you are wanting to breed animals to make money, they the best advice would be none. Its a pretty unethical thing to do, and it seems that way in your wording. Plus consider the cost of upkeep..the pairs of animals, enclosures, electricity, food ect, you rarely come out with much of a profit.
What makes breeding lizards for money unethical? It would be unethical to keep a reptile in less than adequate conditions but the reason you have to keep and/or breed the animal doesn't have anything to do with ethics.

I love debating these topics where people get up on some sort of moral high ground for no real reason. As others have mentioned people breed farm animals for a living. When I was a teenager I was churning out a few grand a year, mostly from beardies. Breeding more than covers your expenses and you can make a tidy profit if you're smart about it.

I made money off my animals, this did determine what I kept in my collection to some degree, problem??

jordo finally someone who is honest. like the ones breeding albinos and other expensive snakes prettending they make nothing but there hatching 6-20 somthing a year from each pair and have multipul pairs and sell them for more than 1000 each lol, i know some that have made over $30,000 of 2 pairs of albinos breeding

Of course you can make a small profit from breeding reptiles, if you dont, then i think you're doing it wrong.

I even make money on my Bluetongue lizards! They are just normals, are kept outside, get fed a cheap diet (still nutritious) and each year am rewarded with babies = PROFIT

My little levis, the first year i bred them i made a very nice profit.

With my snakes, i breed their food so i feed my snakes free! i don't pay ridiculous prices for rodents which saves me money, i also sell surplus rats as pets so the money i gt for them pays for the rodent food!

This season i will break even and make a small profit, covering all costs of racks and equipment and founder animals. Next season will be just profit.

I run all my racks on just a few heatcords........... keeps electricity to a minimum.

My time i do not factor in, as this is my hobby, i love doing it, it is how i choose to spend my time.

Does this mean i am in it for the money? No.

Does this mean i am unethical? No

It means i am lucky to have a hobby which pays for itself and makes me a little cash each year....... what's wrong with that?

Well whilst we are on the topic...I will put an order in for the:
Albino Pythons
And
a V.giganteus...they look schweeeeeeeeeet as ;)

Or I am not greedy...I will settle for a Female Yellow phase Beardy and a Male Red phase Beardy. (Have seen some amazing red and yellow phase ones out there...wouldn't mind a pair...if they were to breed then so be it...if not then they can keep eachother company :) )
:p

well if you can breed a lizard which goes to the beer fridge for me then put me down for 10!!!;)

jeez there are some real douche bags on here lol like you all breed stuff and give it away, you all make money from it dont act like its a crime to want to try support your live via the legal reptile trade. . .

your the type of ppl that slip over in woolies n sue them. ewwwww s#it people

but yea it ain't easy as u might think to breed..

Easy to breed and easy to sell doesnt really exist in the eastern states anymore. Move to Perth where basic carpets are $500-1000. Thick tailed geckos are $125-$250. Easy to breed has flooded the market in most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back