What makes a good Woma?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my patternless, also gravid

Attachments

• IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 83
DSC06777.jpg

One I was shown a few years back and she was huge then - God knows what she is like now if still alive. Would certainly like to have womas again some time.

Wow......thats huge!!!!

Yommy......I saw an add for his sale at my local reptile supplier, but had to drive to the other side of the city to buy him. I live on the Bayside, so anywhere out of here is an adventure!

Well, he's home. Picked him up today. Apparently he hasnt been fed in a while, but we braved it, and attempted a hold. He was fine with me, but apparently prefers the taste of 'Butcher'. We tried running him under cool water and putting a cotton but dipped in metho near his nose, but he stuck fast. Eventually, I gently prised his top jaw off my husbands finger with a toothpick, and gave him something more suitable to nibble on!

Very nice Dee!!! Shame we both have boys otherwise they could have made beautiful babies.

i love the pictures!! Poor hubby. Mine husband is nervous enough without a snake attached to his finger. I am grateful I have tame gentle snakes. :)

I wanna Woma!! They are so lovely. The best woma is the one I buy next year. Breeders write my name down!!

Last edited:
Would have loved to make babies with you Jewly!!:D He's 2 years old and smaller than your guy:rolleyes:he's got some catching up to do. Seems to have settled in really well. Now just need a hook so I dont get tagged:)

A nicely marked specimen you have purchased there Danielle-S. As far as what makes a good woma goes most people like vividly marked specimens like you have found yourself. Some people like unusually marked ones e.g. the one posted without much patterning. Personally I think a reduced pattern Woma looks rather plain but so do Olives and water pythons and yet I appreciate those. As it always has been, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whats the bet you don't stop at just one?

I have absolutely no intention of stopping at one. My order for a female Xmas hatchy is already in:D:D:D This place will be Noas Ark by the time im done!!!

Thanks Boa and Nick. We have a patternless male lined up for her next year. The Dad this time round was the WA male in my album, who is a great looking snake in his own right. Can't wait to see how the young turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back