What Makes You Proud To Be Australian?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
having a barbeque with mates on a saturday night.
wearing thongs out in public and not being thought badly of
the aussie salute (bloody flies)
the fact that everyone is prepared to lend a hand even when they are in need of help themselves..
the never give up attitude
the open space
the bush
the heat
a good country show
the rodeo ( that has decent animal rights unlike america)
the outback and the beautiful sunsets
our wonderful animals
our gorgous fire fighters!!!

they all make me proud

I'm proud of our:

1. Multiculturalism
2. Religious tolerance
3. Natural Beauty of the land
4. Education system
5. Health system
6. Sporting teams
7. Equality

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

2 4 5 are a joke right?

hahaha.. 2 and 4 were sarcastic, not 5. I've lived in a few different places and have visited quite a few places and I am proud of our health system - it's not the best, but it's far from the worst.

The dangerous animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait I am actullay American so ignore that post

After growing up and spending most of my adult life in Canada I can truly say of the many many things I love about being in this country and being an Australian is the quality of life we have here...
+ The weather is fantastic. :D
+ I especially appreciate the road laws and how strict they are here compared to Canada!! :D
+ the beauty of this country no matter where you go.
+ The laid back attitudes we have here are the best! We are so relaxed here .....and cannot forget footie! (which begins soon, gotta go!) ;)

Also Australian accent> Canadian accent

Canada is awesome through.. If it wasn't for the weather I would move their in a second..To bad it is so damn cold all the time...Where in Canada did you grow up in?

Last edited:
I think that even though we are called racist from people over seas, they are jealous that they arent born and bread Aussies. HAHA. suckers.
Because of this, i am proud. when they say (at school) your such a racist bloody woman, i walk away going oh haha shut up you whinging pom. ;)

im also proud because we are strong willed, we arent sooks, we do what we have to do and get it over and done with, we catch a red emperor and cook it in the wheel barrow, and call it a barra, hahaha.

i also live by the saying....... it you dont like us, feel free to leave.

i love my accidic tongue, and i believe that has something to do with being a 'racist' aussie. i say what i want to say and if people dont like it........ they can leave. :D

stand tall be proud and who gives a damn if what you say doesnt go well in their brain.

also...... we have a famous tourist attraction. the GBR. and i love why its named what it is. its a bloody big wall of reef. haha the Great Barrier Reef.

good on you aussies. stay the way you are, be the nation everyone wants to be a part of, and dont change a thing..
and to those natural disaster survivers, good on you, keep fighting, you can do it. we are all thinking of you, and perservere.

Great beaches. great women, Better Beer!. Friendly people. Football, meatpies, kangaroos and Holden cars. Vegemite. People love our accents.

I think that even though we are called racist from people over seas, they are jealous that they arent born and bread Aussies. HAHA. suckers.
Because of this, i am proud. when they say (at school) your such a racist bloody woman, i walk away going oh haha shut up you whinging pom. ;)

im also proud because we are strong willed, we arent sooks, we do what we have to do and get it over and done with, we catch a red emperor and cook it in the wheel barrow, and call it a barra, hahaha.

i also live by the saying....... it you dont like us, feel free to leave.

i love my accidic tongue, and i believe that has something to do with being a 'racist' aussie. i say what i want to say and if people dont like it........ they can leave. :D

stand tall be proud and who gives a damn if what you say doesnt go well in their brain.

also...... we have a famous tourist attraction. the GBR. and i love why its named what it is. its a bloody big wall of reef. haha the Great Barrier Reef.

good on you aussies. stay the way you are, be the nation everyone wants to be a part of, and dont change a thing..
and to those natural disaster survivers, good on you, keep fighting, you can do it. we are all thinking of you, and perservere.

:shock: ***

i love australia for its beautifull weather, golden beaches, awsome bushland and rainforest (especially the daintree)
for its protection of wildlife and land reserves. i especially love the gold coast for the reason that the GCCC cares so much for our bushland and animals.

and most of all, i love that we have our own "language", i can go to any country in the world and people know excactly where im from and what my personality is going to be like.
i love BEER! i love STATE OF ORIGIN! i love drinking beer while watching state of origin.

i love FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD

IM GETTING SO DAMN EXCITED ABOUT AUSTRALIA RITE NOW!!!!

I like Australia but can I just say that some areas dont care about bushland. Here on the sunny coast, the council has been bribed by developers to let them flatten so called "protected" bushland.

Football, meatpies, beer, holden cars and vegemite define Australia.
How embarressing.

I love Australia because I'm 'relatively' free to do what I want, when I want, and love who I want and how I want.

We sometimes take basic freedoms as a right...when many other places in the world don't have that luxury. We really are a lucky country.

I just like saying I AM AUSTRALIAN.

That is enough for me. everyone that isn't an Aussie is jealous.

Sometime other Aussies make me cringe, but I try to ignore them or denounce them as the devil and so have no nationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back