Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeloader

Reaction score
If you are going to sell a breeding pair of animals and the female is gravid do you:

A. Factor into your price the potentail gain that any buyer will receive if the eggs the female is carrying are fertile?

B. Do you sell them at so called market price?

Spot on Vixen,IMO your silly if you sold a gravid animal in the first place,Is the reason you selling important,can you wait til after the animal in question has the babies,or lays eggs....There was someone on here about to sell a snake,but lucky for him the female snake layed eggs before she got sold...But to sell a gravid female is hard to determine a price,if its a snake-you cant quarantee the eggs will be fertile or hatch,if its a lizard-you have the same principal...MARK

Spot on Vixen,IMO your silly if you sold a gravid animal in the first place,Is the reason you selling important,can you wait til after the animal in question has the babies,or lays eggs....There was someone on here about to sell a snake,but lucky for him the female snake layed eggs before she got sold...But to sell a gravid female is hard to determine a price,if its a snake-you cant quarantee the eggs will be fertile or hatch,if its a lizard-you have the same principal...MARK

yes that was me it happend to. i was going to buy the pair with a gravid female and was about to seal the deal and the person on the phone oh hang on the female laid. we might keep em. call u laterz. yep we will keep them lol haha

If you are selling in the same state and the person picks them up how can that be irresponsible? Sure if you have to freight it to the buyer. That would be irresponsible.

If you are selling in the same state and the person picks them up how can that be irresponsible? Sure if you have to freight it to the buyer. That would be irresponsible.

The stress of moving into a new enclosure etc. Snakes need a couple of weeks to get settled into a new place, the stress could harm the animal and the eggs.

why couldnt the person in question who is selling the animal just wait till its laid . then sell it?

Wait till the female lays and then sell the two adults and the clutch of eggs if you have to, but you can`t sell them for more because of the eggs, as previously stated you can`t guarantee the eggs will be o.k.

This just happened to me. I purchased a stimmi female in september 3 weeks later she laid 20 eggs 3 eggs died. Only paid market price seller said she was not gravid as his male had died, Keep your snake until she lays that way she is in an area she knows and feels safe.

just out of inerest what animal is it ? snake - lizard - turtle ?
are u the one who is trying to sell it - or buy it ?

Everyone has valid points.
I am just trying to work out if he has jacked his price for the potential gain or is it market price.
Or do i let the deal go.
It is a pair of good looking Coastals For $1500.

Everyone has valid points.
I am just trying to work out if he has jacked his price for the potential gain or is it market price.
Or do i let the deal go.
It is a pair of good looking Coastals For $1500.
well in the end its your $$ that u wouldnt be spending .
if it was me , id say let it go - $1500 is a lot for a pair of coastals gravid or not . duz it include the enclosure too ? or just the 2 snakes?

He is telling me that he reckons they are worth $500ea plus $500 for compensation for the work he has put into them to get them to the breeding stage. ie any eggs that hatch.
I can see where he is coming from.
I have opted out of the deal.

i wouldnt pay any extra cause the seller says he put work in and its gravid. she may not be gravid and the seller maybe saying this to try and get a higher price. as others have said the snakes have to deal with the stress of the move,and if it is gravid the eggs could be lost. and they would want to be good coastals for $1500. shame your not in sydney, id sell you a pair alot cheaper than $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back