What snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatE

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Nearly run this little bloke over today,was going for lunch,he was sitting on the road in a quiet street.Took the picture with my phone wish i had my good camera as he sat still for ages.

Attachments

• 14102008(001).jpg
    14102008(001).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 138
Looks like a Yellow Faced Whip Snake- Demansia Psammophis.

Yay! I am getting better with IDing them. I thought a whipsnake of somesort so was on the right track :D Couldn't see him well but that yellow comma is a distinctive characteristic of the whipsnake.

Yay! I am getting better with IDing them. I thought a whipsnake of somesort so was on the right track :D Couldn't see him well but that yellow comma is a distinctive characteristic of the whipsnake.

At first i couldn't see the snake than i couldn't find the head :lol:.

Yep, that's just like the one I nearly stepped on at ceddar creak :) beautiful colours on that one!

He was the prettiest snake ive seen in ages,thought it was a whip snake just didnt know what type.Thanks for the replies.

I had the same thing, thought i must have been a whip snake but didn't know, so I chucked a post up and found it was a yellow face. Lovely little snakes, might look at keeping one or two in the future if they're not too hard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back