WHAT THE HELL!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afro, did you know roaches escape from their tubs at night to drink from your eyes while you sleep?

Yeah I did Parks. It's the only way I found to get over the problem of humidical occularity. Sold my Dragons but ket my roaches :)

They are a mite, but not one that will ever infest reptiles.
Stop feeding your mealworms, these mites will only live in high humidity areas.
Do not feed your mealworms any carrots or moisture containing food for about 2-6 weeks and the mites will disapear. I had an infestation of these guys, got rid of my tubs, started again...infestation....started again then finally realised it was from keeping the mealworms too humid.
Then start feeding your mealworms again but not as much and keep plenty of airflow to the tub.

I found these on my cricket breeding containers. . .they didn't effect my reptiles, i just took the container outside sprayed it with some reptile cage cleaner and washed them out, they stayed on the outside of the container, and didn't go anywhere else (ie, floor, reptile enclosures, inside the cricket tanks).

Only happened once and i don't know the reason.

Have to agree with magpie, they are a mite that feeds on organic material, like the ones in a compost heap, look at them under a microsope and they should look like a very hairy spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back